House Votes to Cut Funding to NPR

Clyde

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small amount, but a good move. Let's get to some big cuts like the Departments of Education and Energy. And there still will be a long way to go.

Add to that cutting our payment to the UN. If they do not like it, drop out and kick them out. The UN as it stands now has no credibilty.

Edited by bballfamily
Added info

Repbulicans are doing nothing but riding the wave of anti-NPR sentiment among their constituents. Not that I blame them. I would probably do the same in the same situation. But what this does is go towards crippling one of the best, most informative media outlets we have going in this country. People complain all the time that the nightly news is too depressing. They should try getting their news from NPR. Great mix of stuff there, and you feel more intelligent for having listened.

I listen fairly often and have never noticed a slant.

I think he just saw the sting operation and believes that all their programming does is rage against conservatives. It's like trying to take Fox News off the air because Glen Beck said something stupid. Except this guy did it on hidden camera and not his national television show.

I think he just saw the sting operation and believes that all their programming does is rage against conservatives. It's like trying to take Fox News off the air because Glen Beck said something stupid. Except this guy did it on hidden camera and not his national television show.

The sting operation that has been shown to be edited?

Last time you listened to the programming?

About a month ago. It is liberal, without a doubt, they don't come out and say it but you can find the liberal slants in the types of stories they run and then just the way they present certain stories. It isn't as in your face, but it's there none the less.

About a month ago. It is liberal, without a doubt, they don't come out and say it but you can find the liberal slants in the types of stories they run and then just the way they present certain stories. It isn't as in your face, but it's there none the less.

I'll quote Colbert here "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

I agree it slants to the left but it's still the most unbiased of any news outlet out there.

Still, I don't know that 2% is going to make much difference to them.

I agree it slants to the left but it's still the most unbiased of any news outlet out there.

Still, I don't know that 2% is going to make much difference to them.

Exactly, that's what I don't get everyone agrees we need to balance the budget no one really knows where to start. Here is something that isn't needed anymore with all the news outlets on tv and the internet, and it is basically self supported anyways, so why not start there for cut backs.