Southwestern 49 Wayne County 47

How much of a upset is this?

Big upset. Wayne County was 27-3 with losses to Dyer County (TN), Lexington Catholic, and co-regional favorite Pulaski County (who they also beat). Southwestern was 13-16 and had lost ten of their last fifteen. I had even heard rumblings of a some heat on coach Schulz. Certainly a big surprise in the 12th Region.

Upset yes but not as huge as the records would indicate. Wayne

Won the regular season meetings by just 3 & 5 points

That's true. A lot of people thought Southwestern should have been better than this year's record. I guess looking at this "big picture" it's not a huge upset. But it's definitely a surprise.

Definitely a surprise. Every team that just won their district is silently praying they don't draw Wayne County in round 1.

I can't help but think a team like Mercer or Danville just knew winning their district would give them a first round edge. Now, maybe not. It's also incredibly possible that Wayne County and Pulaski County could meet in the first round. Wow!

Wayne has the great record, but they only won by 5 and 3 over SW during the season. Wouldn't that make it more of a mild upset?

C'mon Jim, somebody earlier in the thread called me on the "big upset" and I lowered it to a "surprise." What more do you want!:D