Kendrick Perkins to Oklahoma City

The only team I think it hurts them against is the Lakers.

That's crazy talk. Perkins is one of the best, if not the best, weak side defenders in the league. He's also one of the best low post defenders in the league. He's the only guy in the league that seems to be able to contain Howard. This just gave Orlando new life. No chance the Celtics make the Finals now.

That's crazy talk. Perkins is one of the best, if not the best, weak side defenders in the league. He's also one of the best low post defenders in the league. He's the only guy in the league that seems to be able to contain Howard. This just gave Orlando new life. No chance the Celtics make the Finals now.

Perkins hasn't played more than 2 weeks to a month for Boston this year and they have handled the Heat and Magic just fine without him. I think if they felt they needed him that badly they would have kept him.

Miami doesn't have a big guy for him to guard strong or weak side. Orlando will not beat Boston in a 7 game series if the big 4 are healthy. Green is a far better scorer and is far healthier than Perkins. Perk is an above average center that will command big money soon.

Horrible deal for Boston short-term IMO. I know Green is multi-positioned but I think the best thing Boston had going for them this year was their strength inside.

I agree that they had an advantage there but they are still huge compared to all contenders other than the Lakers if Bynum is healthy. Also Green refused an extension in o/c but my guess is he wont turn down a Boston offer

I agree that they had an advantage there but they are still huge compared to all contenders other than the Lakers if Bynum is healthy. Also Green refused an extension in o/c but my guess is he wont turn down a Boston offer

Lakers are the team they needed that size advantage against the most IMO. If they beat Miami it will be because Garnett humiliates Bosh and no one can guard Rondo, but they need all the size they can get against LA. Without LA's size advantage on a team, they are no where near good enough to beat a really good team IMO. Case and point was the first LA-Boston series. Now they can/should own the paint against Boston or Miami. Chicago and Orlando do not factor into the equation if you ask me, I see neither winning the East.

Lakers are the team they needed that size advantage against the most IMO. If they beat Miami it will be because Garnett humiliates Bosh and no one can guard Rondo, but they need all the size they can get against LA. Without LA's size advantage on a team, they are no where near good enough to beat a really good team IMO. Case and point was the first LA-Boston series. Now they can/should own the paint against Boston or Miami. Chicago and Orlando do not factor into the equation if you ask me, I see neither winning the East.

I agree. That's what I said earlier. It only hurts against LA if Bynum is healthy and the Oneal's aren't though IMO. It helps greatly against Miami, Orlando, Chicago, OKC and Dallas. Problem is they probably should have stayed prepared to face LA this year. If they get Green to sign an extension this is a land slide good deal for the C's.

I agree. That's what I said earlier. It only hurts against LA if Bynum is healthy and the Oneal's aren't though IMO. It helps greatly against Miami, Orlando, Chicago, OKC and Dallas. Problem is they probably should have stayed prepared to face LA this year. If they get Green to sign an extension this is a land slide good deal for the C's.

We're on the same page I think. I do not think it's a good move to match up with Miami. A duo of Shaq and Perkins could have really dominated Miami, now I think Shaq and Garnett will have to play too many minutes over the course of the playoffs. I guess we'll see, this is going to be an awesome playoffs coming up :thumb:.

We're on the same page I think. I do not think it's a good move to match up with Miami. A duo of Shaq and Perkins could have really dominated Miami, now I think Shaq and Garnett will have to play too many minutes over the course of the playoffs. I guess we'll see, this is going to be an awesome playoffs coming up :thumb:.

I agree, but I really think Boston is better than Miami this year if healthy. I don't think Green will leave either. You just don't leave Boston on your own.

The potential final 8 of SA, Dall, LAL, OKC....Bos, Mia, Chi and Orlando or NYK is awesome and must watch TV.