BatCats Off to a Slow Start

Clyde

Cats won today. A bit chilly but decided to go anyways. Luke didn't play too well and Taylor Black can really hit.

BM when I read what you posted, I thought Luke might have gone 0-4 with two K's and 3 LOB's. BM this isn't HS anymore, he isn't going to go 3 for 4 every game with 2 doubles and three RBI's.

Note Luke's numbers below and I love seeing him with only 1 LOB, while scoring a run and getting a RBI, all without getting a hit!

Player ab r
h rbi bb so po a lob

Luke Maile c 3 1 0 1 1 1 7 2 1

BM when I read what you posted, I thought Luke might have gone 0-4 with two K's and 3 LOB's. BM this isn't HS anymore, he isn't going to go 3 for 4 every game with 2 doubles and three RBI's.

TOG, make sure you hide all the sharp objects before you look at his weekend performance!

Note Luke's numbers below and I love seeing him with only 1 LOB, while scoring a run and getting a RBI, all without getting a hit!

Player ab r
h rbi bb so po a lob

Luke Maile c 3 1 0 1 1 1 7 2 1

He caught a fantastic game just couldn't find any green when at the plate. I saw two groundouts, a walk, and a strikeout. 0-3 is pretty darn close to 0-4. I like Luke as much as the next guy, and even he would say he didn't play that well. It happens. We all know he can't play well every single game. I wish he would though :thumb: Without Luke I'm not so sure how closely I would even follow the team.

TOG, make sure you hide all the sharp objects before you look at his weekend performance!

For the season...

Player avg gp-gs ab r h 2b 3b hr rbi tb slg% bb hbp so gdp ob% sf sh sb-att po a e fld%

Luke Maile .319 12-12 47 8 15 4 0 1 9 22 .468 5 1 14 1 .389 1 1 0-0 62 7 0 1.000

The College baseball season is a long one, there will be the ups and there will be downs, so you just have to play each game as hard as you can and try to improve each day out. Luke will do just fine and I am hoping to get down to Lexington in the next week or so to see him play, maybe even the UC vs UK game, where I can see both Luke and Ice play against each other.

Remember the Colleges are using the dumb down bats this season, so you won't see the numbers this season from the players that you saw in the past years.

I had the privlage of watching Luke play for 2 years. In my opinion he is the measuring stick for baseball players in this area, not only in how he plays the game but how he conducts himself on and off the field. I am sure BM meant nothing negative,just a passing comment and TOG is right its a long season, bats are not what they were etc.

Obviously anyone reading this thread is a baseball fan and we all know that there are going to be not only days but weeks that players do not put up good numbers. On top of that the box score is misleading as well at times. We see a player go 3-3 with 3 flares over the ss head and we think wow great game. Then we see an 0-3 box score that does not show the 3 rockets the guy hit. Not to mention the intangibles he may bring on defense or just a quality AB that makes the pitcher throw 8-10 pitches.

• 2 weeks later...