Conner 71 St. Henry 68

Well, I do have a child on the team and thank god you only have your opinion. Boone without Moss is only marginal and Conner has played competitive ball against some good teams. Tori is a great player and without her it's a different club and record. Also these children that need to develop are doing just that, last night coach had 2 sophomores, 2 juniors and Toria in the 4th qt and they played well, hard and defeated a good team. If Gamm does not go down sure it may be different. If you know coach Stamm as you indicate, you would know he is high on the younger kids in program. Also please remember "kids" as you put it, read this stuff. Although we are dealing with competitive sports the children learn much more than winning and losing, some negative from fans like yourself. My guess, you never really played the game because you would know that as you put "kid's" down. Your probably one of the fans that sit in the gym and bad mouth these children. I suggest you find a new hobby other than bashing children. Finally I have watch teams you mentioned and I am certain that anyone one of Conner's top 7 girls would see playing time for the schools you mentioned, some more than others. I can't wait until Conner improves and when that happens please do the program a favor and stay away!!!

I wouldn't say that Boone would only be marginal without Moss there is a reason that Boone has been great for so many years and it is because they have a great coach. Boone would still be a top 4 team in the region without Moss. Since 2000 Boone as either been 9th region champs or runner-up 8 times so i think they would be a littler better than marginal.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that Boone would only be marginal without Moss there is a reason that Boone has been great for so many years and it is because they have a great coach. Boone would still be a top 4 team in the region without Moss. S.

I agree with the "Boone = marginal without Moss" thinking. She's a huge difference-maker.

They would be way behind Ryle/NCC/NDA this year. I'd have to think about who the #4 would be.

I have not bashed the kids at all! If you look at my past posts they say that it is going to take time to develop some players. I'm sure they are working hard and getting better. The first thread that started all this had people saying "maybe coach Warfield wasn't so bad". And my response was Rome was not built overnight and it will take time and patience. Conner needs to develop players! Thats where there program is at right now. Saying that they don't have the players right now to contend for a regional title is just stating the facts. I really hope they prove me wrong. Trust me, I would love nothing more than see them pull some major upsets during the post season.

I would agree to compete for a regional title they need to develop. I read a statement "stating" no other player on this team could play on another region 9 team, which as I stated was wrong, inaccurate and to me bashing. It does take time to build a program but I also remember a statement that "I hope Conner has talent at the middle school level, because they don't have anyone but Toria" again to me bashing. They have consistently played 4 juniors and 4 sophomores this year who are gaining valuable experience. Dawn Peacock healthy is as athletic as anyone in the region and next year Ellerie Kring will be back healthy. They have 3 girls 6ft or taller and 2 good point guards coming back. This team will make some noise next year under coach Stamm's leadership and direction. Better days are ahead in Hebron. Coach Stamm is well liked and has the support he needs to build this program. These girls have been bashed in the stands and on th blog's and I am simply standing up for these young women. I wish we could all understand that these are experiences these girls will remember for life, as positive roll models we should make the criticism positive not negative. I do respect your response.

I would agree to compete for a regional title they need to develop. I read a statement "stating" no other player on this team could play on another region 9 team, which as I stated was wrong, inaccurate and to me bashing. It does take time to build a program but I also remember a statement that "I hope Conner has talent at the middle school level, because they don't have anyone but Toria" again to me bashing. They have consistently played 4 juniors and 4 sophomores this year who are gaining valuable experience. Dawn Peacock healthy is as athletic as anyone in the region and next year Ellerie Kring will be back healthy. They have 3 girls 6ft or taller and 2 good point guards coming back. This team will make some noise next year under coach Stamm's leadership and direction. Better days are ahead in Hebron. Coach Stamm is well liked and has the support he needs to build this program. These girls have been bashed in the stands and on th blog's and I am simply standing up for these young women. I wish we could all understand that these are experiences these girls will remember for life, as positive roll models we should make the criticism positive not negative. I do respect your response.
Just a correction I believe what your read was no other current Conner player but Fischer could start(not play) for another 9th region team.

I wouldn't say that Boone would only be marginal without Moss there is a reason that Boone has been great for so many years and it is because they have a great coach. Boone would still be a top 4 team in the region without Moss.

1. Coach Fookes is a great coach. 2. Coach Fookes has become a caricature of herself to those outside of the Boone program. 3. Boone County is maybe middle of the pack this year without Ms. Moss. That's my opinion...

By Marginal I mean not a top 5 team in the state. You have to give credit to the other players around Moss and how the have played to their full potential. Boone would certainly still be a top 10 team in the region but I don't think would be the favorite to win without her. Nell is a great coach and is an X factor in every game. Great team and a great program!

The real question here is why has St. Henry fallen totally out of the 9th region race since the all A? Was that the only goal for them, I remember a St. Henry supporter telling me right before the NCC game that they thought that this was a team that was just as good as Ryle and Boone. When I watched them play I agreed with him because they played very hard and have alot of talent. But now losing to Brossart, Conner, and not even competing with Boone whats going on?

I totally agree that the lady Cougars will continue to improve under the leadership of coach Stamm. He is a good coach and very easy to like. I'm sure he has a great bunch of girls that are working very hard. Also Congrats to the Cougars on beating St. Henry.

My summary of this thread titled Conner 71 St Henry 68.

Conner won. They played well. They are tough defenders. Coach Stamm is AWESOME. Toria Fisher is a BALLER! Conner is and will be a mighty force in the 9th region for years to come. There are many other talented players on that Conner team.

Crusaders lost the game to Conner. They had many turnovers. Taylor Gamm's injury was a huge blow to the team. But let's look at the score, folks! This was not a blow-out game! 3 points! The Cru had the lead until about the last 5 minutes. On any given day, this game could go either way.

St Henry Lady Cru team is doing just fine! There is no "gloom and doom" and "dark cloud" over in Erlanger. No need to doubt their strength as they head into the final stretch. Coach Coburn takes his job seriously and knows what he is doing.

They take on Assumption this weekend, and I think they did beat them at Mercer County tourney. Don't know if Gamm will play tomorrow.

One more comment about that game---a couple seconds left....Cru down by 2. The window is still open for the Lady Cru! Jansen brings the ball down the court. She sees a wide open Annie Fugate on the 3-point line, and passes to her. Annie shoots and misses. AFTER Annie shoots, the whistle is blown and Jansen is called for a charge while she was passing to Fugate. REALLY? A charge while she was passing to Fugate?

Conner played well. It was their night to win.

One more comment about that game---a couple seconds left....Cru down by 2. The window is still open for the Lady Cru! Jansen brings the ball down the court. She sees a wide open Annie Fugate on the 3-point line, and passes to her. Annie shoots and misses. AFTER Annie shoots, the whistle is blown and Jansen is called for a charge while she was passing to Fugate. REALLY? A charge while she was passing to Fugate?

Is your issue that they called a charge on a passer or do you think it was late?

I totally agree that the lady Cougars will continue to improve under the leadership of coach Stamm. He is a good coach and very easy to like. I'm sure he has a great bunch of girls that are working very hard. Also Congrats to the Cougars on beating St. Henry.

Apparently I am late to this discussion. However going by what apparently you have said, I would have to disagree. Yes they are not as good as the Ryles, Boones, etc. right now when it comes to talent. Very few teams are, Moss is probably the best player in the state and one of the best in the country. While Ryle has a bunch of players who been playing together since they were like in 8th grade. It would be hard to be as talented as them right now. Your comments have made it sound like their no talent at all there right now in high school, by saying you hope there is talent in the middle school. Which they have a 7th grade team in the championship game I believe I heard. However they have younger talent on the Varsity team too.

Yes Toria is a great player, and a senior. So obviously that is who is going to be the main person on the team, and so its easy to only see her. However as others have mentioned they play a lot of junior and sophomores. A couple of those sophomores only play Varsity right now, and getting great experience for it. Then they still have the JV team even without those sophomores who was able to make the JV Championship, by beating the likes of Boone County on the way. So they do have younger talent there already in the high school, and their gaining valuable experience this year. They just have a great player in Toria, who can score a lot of points. So I can see why you would think that is all they have, but you would be wrong on that IMO.

Is your issue that they called a charge on a passer or do you think it was late?

It was both a late call, and it was a confusing moment and a big surprise that it was on Jansen who was passing, and not on the defenders. But I did not have the same vantage point as the officials. I don't care to do any referee bashing. I realize that it is a challenge to call a game fairly, especially at the end of a very close game. Not saying that it would have changed the game outcome either.