My Top 10 MLB Teams

Blue Magic

2B is at worst a toss up, if not an advantage for the Reds.

SS is advantage Reds. Renteria is definitely better than Bentancourt.

CF is a MASSIVE advantage for the Reds. I look for Stubbs to have a huge breakout year.

RF is at worst a toss up. Bruce is starting to put it together. I'll take the upside in this particular match-up.

I'll give you SS, I forgot about Renteria. I'm not putting CF as a MASSIVE advantage until he comes close to doing it. But I do agree on the huge breakout for Stubbs. I think putting 2B as a slight advantage shows how close it really is. And I think RF is at worse a slight advantage for the Brewers. Lots of close match-ups between the two teams IMHO.

As I said, I think the line-ups are close enough where it's a matter of taste. I never said the Brewers had a huge advantage, if any in this department.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you SS, I forgot about Renteria. I'm not putting CF as a MASSIVE advantage until he comes close to doing it. But I do agree on the huge breakout for Stubbs. I think putting 2B as a slight advantage shows how close it really is. And I think RF is at worse a slight advantage for the Brewers. Lots of close match-ups between the two teams IMHO.

As I said, I think the line-ups are close enough where it's a matter of taste. I never said the Brewers had a huge advantage, if any in this department.

How is CF not a huge advantage for the Reds?

Stubbs had 22 HR's and 30 SB's in his rookie year.

What has Carlos Gomez ever done in his three full seasons?

I think Greinke is a little overrated, but if he pitches like he has before he would be the ace on just about any team. Marcum is tough but I'm skeptical that he is the pitcher he used to be. Gallardo is still figuring things out and isn't reliably dominate, depending on the growth of the Reds' young guys it's hard to say he's unequivocally better. And the Red's have a long list of young, talented guys fighting to get into the rotation. The Brewers have Narveson and Wolf. So I think the Brewer's staff is a bit more of a gamble than some people believe, but it absolutely has the potential to be a monster. With that said, I still see the Cards as the division favorites. The Reds will have to battle to repeat, but they've got the potential to even exceed last year's performance if the young guys grow like we expect them to and if the Reds can avoid any peril at third base. I don't know that Rolen can keep it up or that Francisco is ready.