My Top 10 MLB Teams

Blue Magic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't looked at either team enough to know the lineup for sure. So let's just run down the lineup by positions.

C - Hernandez vs. Lucroy Advantage Reds - I really don't know anything about the Brewers C situation so I can't intelligently comment here. I'll give the Reds an advantage.

1B - Votto vs. Fielder Very Slight Advantage Reds - Since we are talking solely lineup I think Votto has a miniscule advantage, if any over Prince.

2B - Phillips vs. Weeks Slight Advantage Brewers....Phillips has been trending downwards and Weeks is starting to put it together. I'll take the upside in this particular match-up.

3B - Rolen vs. McGehee Advantage Brewers - If you could reasonably expect anything more than 130 games from Rolen this would be closer. I don't think he gets that many.

SS - Janish vs. Betancourt - Slight Advantage Reds - Neither is contributing that much offensively.

LF - Gomes vs. Braun - MASSIVE Advantage Brewers - This shouldn't need any explanation.

CF - Stubbs vs. Gomez - Advantage Reds - I actually think Stubbs has a very good year.

RF - Bruce vs. Hart - Advantage Brewers - Both good players, but you always take the KY guy. :D

Seems a lot closer than "outside of Braun" to me. I think it's a matter of taste and I'd probably lean towards the Brewers personally.

There's no way I would take Weeks over Phillips, and I'm one of the Reds fans who thinks we should trade BP.

It will be interesting to see if Casey McGehee can come close to producing at the same clip as last year.

Most of you guys downing Greinke fail to mention he has been playing for the Royals until this season. Not only is he leaving them, he is also leaving the American League and most American League pitchers have better success in the National League.

I think the braves are too low. I put them ahead of the reds and cards. They get alot of guys back from injuries (Prado, Chipper) Heyward is in his 2nd yr...and they have a good pitching rotation. Not to mention they added some much needed power in Uggla.

Is D.Lee still a Brave?

I need to start brushing up on who went where for this season. :D

Most of you guys downing Greinke fail to mention he has been playing for the Royals until this season. Not only is he leaving them, he is also leaving the American League and most American League pitchers have better success in the National League.

I agree. :thumb:

Greinke could be dominant in the NL.

I think the braves are too low. I put them ahead of the reds and cards. They get alot of guys back from injuries (Prado, Chipper) Heyward is in his 2nd yr...and they have a good pitching rotation. Not to mention they added some much needed power in Uggla.

I think they are right about 9. Yes they are the same team from last year but that team struggled in the second half. Chipper and Prado are both coming back from injury, the whole Braves team was pretty beat up to end the season. If healthy they are one of the top 5 teams if not then they'll struggle. I look for Heyward and Minor to have a huge season for the Braves.

• 7 months later...