Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 81 Alabama 77

Featured Replies

Awful call on Green for stepping on the endline...Ref (Higgins) was 2 feet away, looking at it and missed it. Then the same ref wouldn't give Bama a timeout in between Vandy free throws with 5 seconds left.

 

The Dores improve to 17-6 (5-4)

The Crimson Tide falls to 15-8 (7-2)

Tim Higgins died 7 years ago. Absurd he is still allowed to call games...

Side note, but I thought Reece Davis did an excellent job calling the game. Caught me off guard hearing him at first, but I was impressed...

Great game. Poor officiating. I would've been shocked if Bama beat Tenn. & Vandy in back to back road games.

Didn't see the game. What was the reasoning for not giving Bama a timeout?

Didn't see the game. What was the reasoning for not giving Bama a timeout?

 

Higgins just decided not to call it. Looked at Grant, saw him call TO then looked back down the court and let it go...

Right before Higgins called Green out of bounds.

 

http://twitpic.com/3yi7pn

 

 

Wow, that's pretty bad. Somebody may want to check and see if Higgins has any gambling debts, or money problems.

Wow, that's pretty bad. Somebody may want to check and see if Higgins has any gambling debts, or money problems.

 

He's 275 years old and can't see. Been obvious for years...

  • Author

Awful ending to that game, but Coach Grant really has these boys moving in the right direction. Bama has turned this year around since the early season debacle. I think they are definitely the best team in the west. Bama has a bright future with Green (Jr.), Mitchell (So.), and Releford (Fr.). If coach can add a consistent outside shooter and another big to go with Green, this team could have a great run next year.

Awful ending to that game, but Coach Grant really has these boys moving in the right direction. Bama has turned this year around since the early season debacle. I think they are definitely the best team in the west. Bama has a bright future with Green (Jr.), Mitchell (So.), and Releford (Fr.). If coach can add a consistent outside shooter and another big to go with Green, this team could have a great run next year.

 

When they were down 4, I would have went until I got a T. That crew was terrible. Bama players gets slapped in the face, same official calls a foul when a Vandy shooter in NOT touched at all. And so goes officiating on the road. It's great when you are at home, frustrating to say the least on the road.

The call on stepping out of bounds was just pitiful. Either Higgins is blind, dumb, or on the take.

The call on stepping out of bounds was just pitiful. Either Higgins is blind, dumb, or on the take.

 

Even if he was out of bounds he was fouled to get there. It was awful.

 

One thing though is Vandy didn't cover. If he would have called the T on Grant Vandy would have had a better chance to cover. Also the over/under was never in doubt. The only bet that was in play was a money line bet on Vandy. I think he's just that bad.

Side note, but I thought Reece Davis did an excellent job calling the game. Caught me off guard hearing him at first, but I was impressed...

 

We turned it on in the second half and I looked at my husband and said "is that Reece Davis?" Caught me off guard, too.

 

I thought the Tinsley foul was a joke--the foul was called in case the shot didn't go in, IMO. Bad time for Releford to foul out.

 

Green out of bounds--shaking my head. Awful--how Higgins missed that being RIGHT ON TOP of the play is beyond me. Makes you wonder about betting, seriously.

 

No time out--ridiculous. Shameful. The entire crew should be reprimanded.

 

It looked to me to be a make-up for Vandy for that overtime Florida game.

Awful ending to that game, but Coach Grant really has these boys moving in the right direction. Bama has turned this year around since the early season debacle. I think they are definitely the best team in the west. Bama has a bright future with Green (Jr.), Mitchell (So.), and Releford (Fr.). If coach can add a consistent outside shooter and another big to go with Green, this team could have a great run next year.

 

We will see Saturday, they can all but clinch the West with a win then. However, if Ole Miss splits with Bama this year in the 2 games I like our tourney odds a lot better than Bama's with a much higher RPI and more quality wins right now.

 

I would also be shocked to see Green return next year he has been a phenomenal player this year and in years past, it wouldn't shock me to see him test the waters. Bama's recruited well though. Hopefully, the rest of the west will pick it up next year. Arkansas and LSU have some really good players come in. Ole Miss has a McDonald's All-American coming in Kendrick. Barbee will take 3 years or so with the mess Auburn is in. But the West is at it's low point right now I would say.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.