36th District Draw Released

Well, Highlands and NewCath can sigh a breath of fresh air. The ever controversial 36th District blind draw for pairings is out and the two top teams in the district avoided a first round matchup which ultimately eiliminates the number one or number two team in the District yr in and yr out when they pull each other out of the hat.

This yr the Birds get lucky and draw the Bye in the 1st round with HHS playing the winner of Newport and Bellevue. The other matchup is NCC and Dayton.

At least blind luck got it ridght this year, but its ashame we have to rely on luck to get it right. Also what is going on this year there seems to be much less interest in this rivalry than the last few years. As a matter of fact less interset in girls basketball in general. NCC is playing Ryle tonite and it seems noone is talking about it.

Well, Highlands and NewCath can sigh a breath of fresh air. The ever controversial 36th District blind draw for pairings is out and the two top teams in the district avoided a first round matchup which ultimately eiliminates the number one or number two team in the District yr in and yr out when they pull each other out of the hat. This yr the Birds get lucky and draw the Bye in the 1st round with HHS playing the winner of Newport and Bellevue. The other matchup is NCC and Dayton.

This has only happened like 3 times in 15 years so to say year in and year out is way off base. Boys and girls draw are the same in the 36th and the breakdown of when this happened is listed in the boys forum. So it looks like 80% of the time they avoid each other through a blind draw.

This has only happened like 3 times in 15 years so to say year in and year out is way off base. Boys and girls draw are the same in the 36th and the breakdown of when this happened is listed in the boys forum. So it looks like 80% of the time they avoid each other through a blind draw.

But its unfortunate you have to worry every year that you possibly will not have the best 8 teams at region.

At least blind luck got it ridght this year, but its ashame we have to rely on luck to get it right. Also what is going on this year there seems to be much less interest in this rivalry than the last few years. As a matter of fact less interset in girls basketball in general. NCC is playing Ryle tonite and it seems noone is talking about it.
We''ll talk tomorrow after the game, I'm sure. I just don't know enough about NCC, yet. Edited by ckshockey
punctuation

You guys are making this too easy. So by your statement a three seed has NEVER made it to a regional tournament in a seeded district. I do not even have to research to know that is not true......................

True. Spoke too quicky.

It is a tourney and anyone can advance, but I am not sure why we want to equate Bellevue being lucky enough to draw on the right side of the bracket against Dayton with Holy Cross having to work to upset Cov. Cath. or Holmes.

I have no problem with a draw, if every district was a draw. I have no prolem with seeding, if everyone seeded. It is the mish mash we have now that I don't like.