Dixie Heights 69 Holy Cross 61

That's one way to look at it....or Dixie may have won by 20 had they not turned the ball over.

Your reasoning is not the same Holy Cross forced almost all them turnovers..Dixie had nothing to do with all the missed free throws. That was the difference in the game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you made me pick I'd say McClendon is their best all-around player right now.

I agree to. Plus i would have to say McClendons scoring and shooting numbers would be alot better if he was not forced to play most of every game playing down in the post against bigger guys instead of on the key where he should be.

Your reasoning is not the same Holy Cross forced almost all them turnovers..Dixie had nothing to do with all the missed free throws. That was the difference in the game.

Not exactly accurate. Dixie had a number of errant passes and balls going through the hands of their players that had nothing to do with a defender. Slipping on a wet floor also caused a couple. Holy Cross played nice D but I wouldn't credit them with all of the to's like you're portraying.

Not exactly accurate. Dixie had a number of errant passes and balls going through the hands of their players that had nothing to do with a defender. Slipping on a wet floor also caused a couple. Holy Cross played nice D but I wouldn't credit them with all of the to's like you're portraying.

We must have watched a different game. The game i was at 85 percent of the turnovers were forced. First time i have seen Dixie play this year and i wasnt impressed.If Holy Cross bigs were more aggresive they shut down all the easy put backs Dixie had.Not to mention the held Hatton in check most of the night.

We must have watched a different game. The game i was at 85 percent of the turnovers were forced. First time i have seen Dixie play this year and i wasnt impressed.If Holy Cross bigs were more aggresive they shut down all the easy put backs Dixie had.Not to mention the held Hatton in check most of the night.

I agree...they had a bad game.

I agree to. Plus i would have to say McClendons scoring and shooting numbers would be alot better if he was not forced to play most of every game playing down in the post against bigger guys instead of on the key where he should be.

They have him playing in the post? He is not a back to basket kind of player. Christian needs to be facing the basket to be utilized properly. That's terrible. Never understood why coaches don't realize the best spot to properly utilize the personnel they have.

They have him playing in the post? He is not a back to basket kind of player. Christian needs to be facing the basket to be utilized properly. That's terrible. Never understood why coaches don't realize the best spot to properly utilize the personnel they have.

He plays on the perimeter offensively. HC doesn't really use a true post man in their offense very much. Heck, Arlinghaus often plays the 5 and he had 4 3s against CCH Friday.

He seems to have had a really tough year shooting period. I know he was the leading returning scorer and he likely is this year but just because you are the leading scorer doesnt mean you are having an outstanding year. Some scorers just shoot their way to 16 a game whether it be 5/20 and 6/12 or 3/10 and 7/12. He likely is their best player though at this point and he has to do what he must do.

No one needs to come on here and defend Jake Burger's play, but having said that, he is playing an all-around complete game this year as compared to last year when all he did was score. On our team, he is 1st in scoring (13.4), 2nd in rebounding (5.2), 2nd in assists (43), 2nd in steals (47), 3rd in blocked shots (6). It's obvious to anyone who has read a stat sheet on us that he is struggling shooting the ball, but I have it on pretty good authority that he is in the gym every day working on his shooting. It may not pay off this year, but even without his shooting prowess, I would still consider him to be one of the better all-around players in this region.

No one needs to come on here and defend Jake Burger's play, but having said that, he is playing an all-around complete game this year as compared to last year when all he did was score. On our team, he is 1st in scoring (13.4), 2nd in rebounding (5.2), 2nd in assists (43), 2nd in steals (47), 3rd in blocked shots (6). It's obvious to anyone who has read a stat sheet on us that he is struggling shooting the ball, but I have it on pretty good authority that he is in the gym every day working on his shooting. It may not pay off this year, but even without his shooting prowess, I would still consider him to be one of the better all-around players in this region.

I have only seen him play in three game this year and in all three the other teams best defender was gaurding him. One team even played a 2 2 zone with a chaser on him. I wonder if the teams up and down play is causing him to miss some shots because of fatigue.They really get after it on the press and push the ball on offense.

He plays on the perimeter offensively. HC doesn't really use a true post man in their offense very much. Heck, Arlinghaus often plays the 5 and he had 4 3s against CCH Friday.

What game was he playing only on the perimeter i have been at everygame.Heck he spent almost the entire game against Covcath posting up on Thelen!!!!.Against Dixie the only time he really touched in front of the key was the play he almost broke Brandon's ankles on a spin move.

What game was he playing only on the perimeter i have been at everygame.Heck he spent almost the entire game against Covcath posting up on Thelen!!!!.Against Dixie the only time he really touched in front of the key was the play he almost broke Brandon's ankles on a spin move.

I wasn't at the CCH game. I've seen them a couple of times and I've never really noticed him posting up. I picture him getting the ball on the wing or at the top of the key and going to work.

I wasn't at the CCH game. I've seen them a couple of times and I've never really noticed him posting up. I picture him getting the ball on the wing or at the top of the key and going to work.

That would be the way to use him correctly.But he has not shot the 3 great this year but he can shoot the 3-ball very well as proof when was at Holmes he was the best 3-ball shooter they had.So he can shoot it well he has just been missed used by coach Geotz.But they dont really have a inside presence and he has the best post moves on the team hence why he is playing there alot which has hurt his shooting because banging against those bigger guys will wear you out.

That would be the way to use him correctly.But he has not shot the 3 great this year but he can shoot the 3-ball very well as proof when was at Holmes he was the best 3-ball shooter they had.So he can shoot it well he has just been missed used by coach Geotz.But they dont really have a inside presence and he has the best post moves on the team hence why he is playing there alot which has hurt his shooting because banging against those bigger guys will wear you out.

Christian is the 3rd best 3pt shooter on the team behind Arlinghaus and Allen. I think he wants to so desperately be the star of this team that he has taken a while to buy into the team concept. As I have said a couple of times already, if we ever get a game where he and Burger are hitting on all cylinders, we are going to be hard to beat.

Christian is the 3rd best 3pt shooter on the team behind Arlinghaus and Allen. I think he wants to so desperately be the star of this team that he has taken a while to buy into the team concept. As I have said a couple of times already, if we ever get a game where he and Burger are hitting on all cylinders, we are going to be hard to beat.

Taking a while to buy onto team concept are you kidding me?He is leading the team in steals,3nd in assists,3rd in rebounding,the best defender they have.And is and always has been a great team player.And Jerry has 2 more makes while attempting 10 more shots.Just by the numbers alone to say he was not being a team player is flaud.He has had the a ton of chances to shoot more but has opted to pass the ball more to get his teammates more chances to help the team.

Edited by brutus14
spelling