Knox Central 2011

Ram

Russell Co. is no pushover at all. KC will be very, very good on offense with who they return. Defense will be inexperienced. Rock does return everyone but in reality it was the worst Rock team I saw in years. Could not throw, OL was below average and defense could not tackle.

No the fridge is not empty, but the right person must make the bologna sandwich. Not everyone can put them together the right way.

True...A good head coach should always mentors his assistants for one of them to succeed him, if possible, I am sure Coach Mills did that, hopefully, the hiring authorities see that.

Could be an announcement as early as tomorrow although I suspect it will take longer to sift through the applicants. I'm hearing some name head coachs looking to make the move but I think Coach Russell is still the frontrunner.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been quite a few current head coaches "sniffing around Barbourville". The interview process has begun in earnest and and the field has been narrowed to seven good candidates. I'm told it will be whittled down further and submitted to the administration for background checks. The applicants have been multi-regional and even multi-state with some impressive resumes.

There have been quite a few current head coaches "sniffing around Barbourville". The interview process has begun in earnest and and the field has been narrowed to seven good candidates. I'm told it will be whittled down further and submitted to the administration for background checks. The applicants have been multi-regional and even multi-state with some impressive resumes.

Going to be interesting.

This has been an unsually tight lipped process. Here is what I've been hearing but I can't stake my reputation on it:

Around thirty applications have been recieved with some very good names.

Leading candidates at this point appear to be KC offensive coordinator Scottie Russell, former Greenup Co. head coach Mike Copley, Alabama Winfield High head coach Danny Adams. Most locals are pretty stauch supporters of Russell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Who is Knox Central playing in the Pioneer Bowl? I know Lynn Camp is playing South Laurel but the Knox Central game hasn't been added to the KHSAA site.

I believe it is Lancaster Christian Academy out of Smyrna, Tennessee.

• 2 weeks later...

The complete schedule:

8/19 Lancaster Christian Academy Home (Pioneer Bowl)

8/27 West Jessamine @Lex Cath

9/02 Perry Central @Clay County (Appalachian Bowl)

9/09 Gatlinburg Pittman Gatlinburg Tenn

9/23 Harlan County Away

9/30 Clay County Home

10/07 Open

10/14 Rockcastle County Home

10/21 Russell County Away

10/28 Madison Central Home