Knox Central 2011

Ram

First priority is to hire a head coach. Staff, facilities, feeder system, and talent are all pretty much in place. Great opportunity for someone.

I agree! Good luck in getting the new coach in place. KC lost a bunch of talent, but, will return several very good linemen in Grubbs and Diamond and will have a Canady, QB Barger and Turpin? back.

I agree! Good luck in getting the new coach in place. KC lost a bunch of talent, but, will return several very good linemen in Grubbs and Diamond and will have a Canady, QB Barger and Turpin? back.

Right, plus last year's middle school team that played in the state final four will be moving up. Several good young linemen that had trouble seeing much action last season due to the talent ahead of them will get their chance this year. Should be plenty of talent to blend in with the returning starters.

I am still hearing rumors that Turpin's father may return the family to Virginia but so far he is still lifting with the team.

KC will be fine. They will win their 1st district championship next year with the new re-alignment. Getting over the hurdle of Regional Champ will continue to the be tough.

hahahaha, Rock should have won last year. I would say Knox will finish 3rd in teh district. Rock, Russell Co, Knox. Rock has everyone back and basically so does Russell Co. Rnox lost more than the other 2 schools. Rock will win the Dist next year.

hahahaha, Rock should have won last year. I would say Knox will finish 3rd in teh district. Rock, Russell Co, Knox. Rock has everyone back and basically so does Russell Co. Rnox lost more than the other 2 schools. Rock will win the Dist next year.

I don't see that happening. I don'e see Rock being any better than they were last season. JMO

Hahahaha? :lol:

With Bell no longer wanting to be on our schedule, I think Rock/Knox could become a pretty good rivalry. Their games have been really close the past few years.

Hahahaha? :lol:

With Bell no longer wanting to be on our schedule, I think Rock/Knox could become a pretty good rivalry. Their games have been really close the past few years.

I agree with this....I think that it should be a pretty good game and have respect for Knox Co. In accordance with my earlier statement on this thread, I think that this game will be close and hope that Rock can come out on the good end of the stick for the first time in three years. This last year was a bit closer than the score showed and the two years before were incredibly close with Knox winning all three. I think the playing field is pretty level between the two teams this year.

Offensive coordinator Scottie Russell seems to be the popular frontrunner but the applications are coming in from a lot of interesting places. I suspect the administration will wait to see what develops before beginning interviews. A wise move in my opinion.