Conner 59 Highlands 45

Conner 59

Highlands 45
Conner 16 17 14 12 59
Highlands 13 7 14 11 45
Conner (10-13) -- Liechty 2, Miller 12, Robinson 18, Hodge 10, Flesch 17. Highlands (7-12) -- Crowley 15, Egan 8, Samson 5, Towles 12, Turner 2, McCoy 1, True 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=519198496878199&RecordID=8836&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1CTnXCgfT

Conner 59 Highlands 45
Conner 16 17 14 12 59
Highlands 13 7 14 11 45
Conner (10-13) -- Liechty 2, Miller 12, Robinson 18, Hodge 10, Flesch 17. Highlands (7-12) -- Crowley 15, Egan 8, Samson 5, Towles 12, Turner 2, McCoy 1, True 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=519198496878199&RecordID=8836&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1CTnXCgfT

Maybe it's time Samson Lewis and our scorekeeper finally meet. How many more times this year is he going to call his name in wrong.? Roman Empire I am starting to actually believe what you said in the JV thread may be true.

Good win for Conner, albeit, against a struggling and short-manned Highlands team. Still, when you can win convincingly on the road only 18 hours after a very tough loss to a district rival (Boone) it's a good thing. I believe Conner had 8 3's so they did shoot very well. Hodges continues to play well in his newly defined role. Robinson was solid and Flesch seems to be attacking the rim more. January was definitely better than December for this group. Tough schedule ahead. I don't think I'd give up on this team just yet. They have proven that they can play with anyone. Now start playing for 4 qtrs and finishing games and they will be very dangerous come District time.

The footbal team will win more games the basketball team this year.

Hopefully Cannon Crazy can go to the banquet today and not come back. As a Highlands basketball fan I find these types of quotes embarrassing. As for the game, hats off to Robinson for Conner, he was very impressive. Patrick Towles also had a good game for the Birds, taking the ball to the basket with authority on a number of occasions.

The footbal team will win more games the basketball team this year.

No need for this comment! I would like to rattle you with a crack back block in the open field. These boys are working hard success will come, if not this year they will pave the way.

Towles hustled for loose balls and took the ball strong to the hole. That is the type of physical play they need out of him each night. He and Robinson were going at it hard. Forgot to mention Alex Dean starting pg for Highlands left the game early in the 1st qtr with an ankle injury.

I was also impressed with Flesch and his deceptive quickness to the basket. Robinson and Hodges have a nice touch with their shooting. The Cougars have talent but they will need to play as a team and defend the post in the Districts.

Don't read to much into my statement. It wasn't meant to slam them. I simply don't think they will win 14 games. With only 7 left they would have to win out to get to 14. I would love for them to prove me wrong. I didn't say anyone wasn't working hard or trying.

Conner 59 Highlands 45
Conner 16 17 14 12 59
Highlands 13 7 14 11 45

By the way Highlands is 8-11 and not 7-12.

They really need to get their act together at the scorers table.

Don't read to much into my statement. It wasn't meant to slam them. I simply don't think they will win 14 games. With only 7 left they would have to win out to get to 14. I would love for them to prove me wrong. I didn't say anyone wasn't working hard or trying.

Wow Cannon, lot of ill will. Don't you know, we don't talk bad about the Birds.:cool: