Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone 56 Conner 45

Featured Replies

I know it's fashionable to bash Coach M but I was impressed with his half-court sets last night as well as his OOB plays. He does a nice job of getting multiple options and they did well on swinging the ball when the post was being guarded over the top and then getting it back into the post player who had his man sealed.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention how nice it was to see Carter Byrns shoot well last night. He had a rough one against Cooper. Nice bounce back. I hope to see him more.

Boone Co can be a legit contender for the title if they can get consistent guard play by Stanley/Downs (assists/making Ft's, some 3's), McQueary is hitting his jumpers, Montgomery comes back to give them some athleticism on the floor and Brown can continue to do what he does. I think they need to probably keep subbing in some of the bench guys to get them some Varsity experience but they have all the pieces if they can get them all on the court at the same time and playing well.

 

McQueary struggled shooting against Highlands but Brown was nails. Downs/Stanley also played well against the Birds. That was the only time I saw them this season and they also got nice minutes from Burgess/Fookes/Pitts.

 

I agree with you Q. Boone is going to be right there at tournament time. A win like this goes a long way. Winning with your top two watching and seeing other guys come in a fill their roles plus make some big plays like the guards did. This game was more than just a nice win for Boone IMO. If Montgomery is able to come back and be effective, Boone is right there with Dixie and NCC as the top picks to win the region.

I knew you wouldn't agree with my opinion on Boone being homered so I understand your disagreement. The ref made some bogus calls because a players only job in the game was to go in and push, tug and use aggressive antics to frustrate Brown. As he would fight for position back or try to get free from the player grabbing his arms which is your so=called flagrant foul the one ref would call the foul on Brown, lousy job. When a player is being treated like a punching bag underneath and can't get and obvious call, but is called for a little touch foul himself, it can be extremely frustrating. Trevan has been playing through it all year, and some refs allow it to go both ways, but Friday night it was simply one-sided. It was ridiculous and maybe you and the refs need to look at the game again to actually see how ridiculous it was. How many points did the kid have that was guarding him, I don't think he was an offensive threat at all, because his main job was to physically/mentally frustrate Brown (or anyone he was guarding) with some rough antics that should have been handled better by the poor ref staff. He did his job very well, but it wasn't playing basketball. I'll blame the refs when they deserve it and this time especially one ref was completely fooled through the entire game. It's the opinion of several in the stands, but it really doesn't matter because Conner still lost the game with Brown on the bench and they need to worry about more than a round III with Boone.

 

Yeah, that's where you want to start doing staw polls. You'll always get informed, educated, unbiased opinions from there.

Yeah, that's where you want to start doing staw polls. You'll always get informed, educated, unbiased opinions from there.

 

You mean it's not 3 seconds when a team is rebounding their own missed shot ?

You mean it's not 3 seconds when a team is rebounding their own missed shot ?

You are correct for once, it's not. jk

You are correct for once, it's not.

 

Really? Because all of the Boone fans sitting around me Friday night would not agree.

Yeah, that's where you want to start doing staw polls. You'll always get informed, educated, unbiased opinions from there.

 

It's just an opinion which doesn't change what a person thinks, uneducated, biased, or uninformed. My opinion it what it is, if I think a ref stinks at his job, then I am not afraid to let him know he did a bad job. If I stink at my job, I expect to receive the same criticism. This is a forum where we speak our OPINIONS, and that's mine. If you were at the game, what's yours?

Really? Because all of the Boone fans sitting around me Friday night would not agree.

Ask someone with knowledge about how 3 seconds is called and you too will be better educated as to why it's possible to rebound your own shot outside of just pure hustle and outworking your opponent. Got the rule from a very reputable ref myself not an OPINION!

Ask someone with knowledge about how 3 seconds is called and you too will be better educated as to why it's possible to rebound your own shot outside of just pure hustle and outworking your opponent. Got the rule from a very reputable ref myself not an OPINION!

 

No clue what you just said. Does this somehow relate to the game on Friday?

No clue what you just said. Does this somehow relate to the game on Friday?

Come on Clyde get with it. That was in reference to your statement "You mean it's not 3 seconds when a team is rebounding their own missed shot ?". Or did you forget about that already? Maybe I was mistaking in thinking you were implying that Boone should have been called for a 3 second violation on some put back baskets, which did happen in the game on the Friday night in question. Are we on the same page yet?

Come on Clyde get with it. That was in reference to your statement "You mean it's not 3 seconds when a team is rebounding their own missed shot ?". Or did you forget about that already? Maybe I was mistaking in thinking you were implying that Boone should have been called for a 3 second violation on some put back baskets, which did happen in the game on the Friday night in question. Are we on the same page yet?

 

Gotcha. No , you completely misunderstood my post.

 

I was joking saying that many Boone fans I was sitting by thought that the 3 second count continued while the shot was in the air. Conner had a possession where they got a couple of offensive rebounds but couldn't put it in the bucket. Boone fans were yelling that it had to be 3 seconds not realizing the count restarted every time there was a shot.

 

Those are the same fans that go on BGP or go home and tell their neighbors how bad the officials were. "They don't even know 3 seconds."

It's just an opinion which doesn't change what a person thinks, uneducated, biased, or uninformed. My opinion it what it is, if I think a ref stinks at his job, then I am not afraid to let him know he did a bad job. If I stink at my job, I expect to receive the same criticism. This is a forum where we speak our OPINIONS, and that's mine. If you were at the game, what's yours?

 

Always love this comparasion. I doubt you have 100's of people watching every decision you make and then hollering and yelling how you don't know what you are doing. Very weak analogy. :rolleyes:

Gotcha. No , you completely misunderstood my post.

 

I was joking saying that many Boone fans I was sitting by thought that the 3 second count continued while the shot was in the air. Conner had a possession where they got a couple of offensive rebounds but couldn't put it in the bucket. Boone fans were yelling that it had to be 3 seconds not realizing the count restarted every time there was a shot.

 

Those are the same fans that go on BGP or go home and tell their neighbors how bad the officials were. "They don't even know 3 seconds."

 

Gotcha :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.