Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark 63 Western 58

Featured Replies

Lets get past MC first, maybe the key is to have Zollo on the bench after this weekend's performance:idunno:

 

This just shows how much talent GRC has. Purvis could be starting for any other team in the region.

 

When was the last time GRC won the Region? How did they do that year at Rupp?

 

Goldie, do you have your room reserved yet?

 

GRC won in 2007, First game was Christian Co and we won in OT. Second game was against Ballard, we got beat.

I don't need to reserve a room, I live so close I always commute. And I think that you have GRC fans mixed up with Mason Co fans....Mason Co are the ones that bought up alot of tickets and reserved a party in 2007 before the finals of the region had been played.

Edited by gold sunrise

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time GRC won the Region? How did they do that year at Rupp?

 

Goldie, do you have your room reserved yet?

 

2007. Beat Christian Co in the first round and then ran into the buzz saw of Ballard who was lead by Twany Beckam. They ended up losing barely in the Finals to Scott Co.

 

And I'll answer for Goldie, no we aren't Mason Co. and we haven't set any parties yet either. :D

This just shows how much talent GRC has. Purvis could be starting for any other team in the region.

 

 

 

GRC won in 2007, First game was Christian Co and we won in OT. Second game was against Ballard, we got beat and they went on to win state that year.

 

I don't need to reserve a room, I live so close I always commute. And I think that you have GRC fans mixed up with Mason Co fans....they are the ones that bought up alot of tickets and reserved a party in 2007.

 

 

I think Scott Co. somehow beat Ballard didn't they Goldie? I remember Matt Walls and for some reason I think it was a good comeback.

Coaches normally do decide player of the game(coach of winning team)

 

At the Toyota Classic, they have an impartial person in the crowd that makes the decision. They have always done it that way.

I think Scott Co. somehow beat Ballard didn't they Goldie? I remember Matt Walls and for some reason I think it was a good comeback.

 

Yes you are right. I went and found last years state tourney program...then edited my post...:D

Courier Journals's sports writer Jody Demling's thoughts on Clark Co:

 

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/01/23/toyota-classic-final-day/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JodyDemling-RecruitingBlog+%28Jody+Demling+-+Recruiting+blog%29&utm_content=Twitter

 

 

Clark County is impressive. In my opinion, the Cardinals are one of a handful of teams that can win the state title in March. And the list is shrinking. Clark County won two games last weekend - Montgomery County and Warren Central - without center Corey Rogers who was on a college visit for football and this weekend won despite Western Kentucky signee Vinny Zollo suffering a sprained ankle in the first quarter of the first game of the event. The Cardinals have a ton of pieces. Eastern Kentucky signee Robbie Stenzel (photo) had 29 points and 12 rebounds in the semifinal win over Christian County and had 11 points, eight rebounds and five assists in the final. He’s playing like a first-team All-State pick and did it all this weekend despite being under the weather. Corey Rogers and Travis Purvis play their role, get rebounds, score when they can and do a lot of dirty work and Jaylen Daniel is athletic as anybody in the state. Junior Bopper Stenzel is doing a fine job as the pint guard. Zollo said he’ll be out a week or so and the Cardinals seem to be primed for a big-time run.

Lets get past MC first, maybe the key is to have Zollo on the bench after this weekend's performance:idunno:

Cards are a well coached, mature team. They will play one game at a time and they look as if they are hitting their stride at the right time of the year. IMHO Mason may want to get ready to play GRC this year because this isn't the same team they beat last year!

This just shows how much talent GRC has. Purvis could be starting for any other team in the region.

 

 

 

GRC won in 2007, First game was Christian Co and we won in OT. Second game was against Ballard, we got beat.

I don't need to reserve a room, I live so close I always commute. And I think that you have GRC fans mixed up with Mason Co fans....Mason Co are the ones that bought up alot of tickets and reserved a party in 2007 before the finals of the region had been played.

 

 

:rolleyes::lol:

 

Oh well last two years have been a shocker for GRC Nation! :popcorn:

 

But Congrats to GRC on winning this tourny very impressive!

This just shows how much talent GRC has. Purvis could be starting for any other team in the region.

GRC won in 2007, First game was Christian Co and we won in OT. Second game was against Ballard, we got beat.

I don't need to reserve a room, I live so close I always commute. And I think that you have GRC fans mixed up with Mason Co fans....Mason Co are the ones that bought up alot of tickets and reserved a party in 2007 before the finals of the region had been played.

Have always liked him.
:rolleyes::lol:

 

Oh well last two years have been a shocker for GRC Nation! :popcorn:

 

But Congrats to GRC on winning this tourny very impressive!

 

At least we don't get ahead of ourselves :D

 

I'm glad you are one of the few Mason Co. fans who realize that the past two years have indeed been a shock. :thumb:

At the Toyota Classic, they have an impartial person in the crowd that makes the decision. They have always done it that way.

 

This is the same thing that I just heard, but it was a committee. Also the award was for the best defensive player.

 

Let not forget the Achedemic awards that were given out too.

Very Proud of the Cards on their victory. They have another tough series of game coming up that they will need to remain focused for - then be firing on all cylinders as the playoffs start.

At least we don't get ahead of ourselves :D

 

I'm glad you are one of the few Mason Co. fans who realize that the past two years have indeed been a shock. :thumb:

 

Chech the predictions threads the last two years and look who I picked! Also check the Sweet 16 in November contest. Wasn't a shock to me! :thumb::cool:

Also according to J.Demling:

 

It was an interesting final day - to say the least - of the Toyota Classic at Scott County.

 

Not only were the teams forced to play two games because of the snow but the host Scott Co, lost in the semifinals for what I was told was only the second time in the 15-year history of the event.

At the Toyota Classic, they have an impartial person in the crowd that makes the decision. They have always done it that way.

 

They need to get someone that knows the game a little better.Did he keep stats?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.