January 24, 201115 yr They have a pretty soft portion of the schedule coming up. RPI....record...opponent 15.... .(11-6) @ St. John's 120......(10-7) Rutgers 4........(18-1) @ Pittsburgh 227... (6-12) @ DePaul 13... .(11-6) St. John's 33.... (15-3) Louisville 115.... (11-8) @ Providence With exception to Pittsburgh, who do you all consider the toughest and most important of this stretch. Personally, I believe the home games against Louisville and St John's are very big and play key roles on their tournament chances. IMO, whoever loses those two games weaken their chances by a lot more.
January 24, 201115 yr ^ I agree with you, I don't see them winning at Pitt so the UL game is huge during this stretch. Winning on the road is rare in the conference but @DePaul and @Providence is much better than playing the elite of the league. I think they really need to win five of these to really make a surge and they can't go 3-3 or 2-4.
January 24, 201115 yr ^ I agree with you, I don't see them winning at Pitt so the UL game is huge during this stretch. Winning on the road is rare in the conference but @DePaul and @Providence is much better than playing the elite of the league. I think they really need to win five of these to really make a surge and they can't go 3-3 or 2-4. If they go .500 or worst during this stretch, they will be in trouble.
January 24, 201115 yr Is anyone else pained at watching UC play? They seem to be very uncomfortable running an offense, in-bounding the ball, and lack defensive intensity off the ball. Is it just me?
January 24, 201115 yr With exception to Pittsburgh, who do you all consider the toughest and most important of this stretch. Personally, I believe the home games against Louisville and St John's are very big and play key roles on their tournament chances. IMO, whoever loses those two games weaken their chances by a lot more. ^ I agree with you, I don't see them winning at Pitt so the UL game is huge during this stretch. Winning on the road is rare in the conference but @DePaul and @Providence is much better than playing the elite of the league. I think they really need to win five of these to really make a surge and they can't go 3-3 or 2-4. West Va, Louisville, and St.Johns are three games they HAVE to win. All three are "mirror" images of the Cats which means those are three teams that could take an at large bid from Cincy if the Cats don't take care of business. St. Johns came in to sat with the #15 RPI and #2 SOS. If Cincy beats those three and wins at Depaul (like they should), that would leave Providence for them to have to beat on the road to really cement their tournament hopes. A loss at Pitt isn't going to take anything away from them as long as they beat West Va, St. Johns', and Louisville IMO. Cincy goes 5-1 during that stretch and beats Georgetown once, they get in the tourney.
January 24, 201115 yr How quickly the NCAA pool projections can change. Palm had UC winning only 3 games a week ago. Now , one win later, he has them going 6-5 the rest of the way and finishing with an RPI of 53.
January 24, 201115 yr Is anyone else pained at watching UC play? They seem to be very uncomfortable running an offense, in-bounding the ball, and lack defensive intensity off the ball. Is it just me? Yes, it was painful, but watching St. John's was worse.
January 24, 201115 yr Who remembers when Erik Martin walked off of the bench during a game under Huggs? Huggs had a player leave the bench Sunday.
January 25, 201115 yr Yes, it was painful, but watching St. John's was worse. Granted! If they could shoot a free throw they would have won the game easily!
January 26, 201115 yr Notre Dame beating Pittsburgh takes a little of the sting out of Cincy's loss there. Maybe the Cats CAN squeak into the Dance.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.