Doug Preston resigns (or maybe forced out) at Bullitt East

ckyfootball

Parents have too much control and never want what is best for the "PROGRAM" all they care about is little jimmy. This is teaching kids to be selfish people, and what used to teach teamwork now does opposite. Good luck to Coach Preston and his family.
:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
Even worse than these parents is people in charge that bow down to foolish non sense, rumors, and lies. Good luck to coach Preston.

Bingo. We have the "winning answer" with the quoted post. Parents, because they are parents, do tend to get more focused on their little Jimmy. That's parents being parents. Most people and certainly most coaches expect that. Yeah, there are some parents that understand it's not just about their son, but it is somewhat understandable when parents lose proper focus. But it's when administrators fail to have the back bone and spine to support coaches that they believe are doing the right job that bad decisions are made. People can make critical posts all they want about the parents supposedly getting this coach fired; but if he's a great coach ( I don't know him) then the shots should be fired at the administration for buckling in my opinion.

Bingo. We have the "winning answer" with the quoted post. Parents, because they are parents, do tend to get more focused on their little Jimmy. That's parents being parents. Most people and certainly most coaches expect that. Yeah, there are some parents that understand it's not just about their son, but it is somewhat understandable when parents lose proper focus. But it's when administrators fail to have the back bone and spine to support coaches that they believe are doing the right job that bad decisions are made. People can make critical posts all they want about the parents supposedly getting this coach fired; but if he's a great coach ( I don't know him) then the shots should be fired at the administration for buckling in my opinion.

From what i am told players and parents fought to get him to remain. It was not parents or players. On another board it said he stated in the paper there was to much interference from admin. and he was tired of being second guessed etc. Don't know for sure though.

From what i am told players and parents fought to get him to remain. It was not parents or players. On another board it said he stated in the paper there was to much interference from admin. and he was tired of being second guessed etc. Don't know for sure though.

Thanks. I understood (or perhaps that should be misunderstood) from some other posts in this thread that it had been parents that forced him out. Thanks for clearing that up.

Looks like the parents supported him from the other comments. BUT, in my experience, administrators more often do not support parents and get rid of coaches/teachers when they should. They blow them off as wanting more playing time, sour grapes or such.

Any word on if he has applied anywhere, Or if there is any schools interested in him?

From Cj blog and other message boards: possibly waiting to allow his daughter to graduate next year or going to Fairdale and or possibly wanting to return to Central Kentucky/ Lexington area.Good luck to him. My cousin worked with him and said he is a tremendous coach and person.