Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Votto agrees to three-year deal

Featured Replies

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2011/01/17/votto-i-cant-imagine-playing-anywhere-else/

 

“But I

can’t imagine playing anywhere else,” he said. “I enjoy myself. I

can’t imagine being with a better team. The Yankees or Red Sox –

that’s a lot to deal with. I don’t want to go anywhere else.”

 

“Three years was just what he came to,” he said. “I’m very happy. I

don’t have to fool with arbitration. It’s cost certainty.”

 

Votto

said his agent and Reds did most of the talking. “They may have

talked a longer deal.”

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2011/01/17/votto-i-cant-imagine-playing-anywhere-else/

 

“But I

can’t imagine playing anywhere else,” he said. “I enjoy myself. I

can’t imagine being with a better team. The Yankees or Red Sox –

that’s a lot to deal with. I don’t want to go anywhere else.”

 

“Three years was just what he came to,” he said. “I’m very happy. I

don’t have to fool with arbitration. It’s cost certainty.”

 

Votto

said his agent and Reds did most of the talking. “They may have

talked a longer deal.”

 

Didn't JV recently say he could easily see himself playing somewhere else? I remember WLW giving him a hard time about it.

Didn't JV recently say he could easily see himself playing somewhere else? I remember WLW giving him a hard time about it.

 

I don't think he directly said that. He did say something about being unsure.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2011/01/17/votto-i-cant-imagine-playing-anywhere-else/

 

“But I

can’t imagine playing anywhere else,” he said. “I enjoy myself. I

can’t imagine being with a better team. The Yankees or Red Sox –

that’s a lot to deal with. I don’t want to go anywhere else.”

 

“Three years was just what he came to,” he said. “I’m very happy. I

don’t have to fool with arbitration. It’s cost certainty.”

 

Votto

said his agent and Reds did most of the talking. “They may have

talked a longer deal.”

 

Hey that sounds great and I'm a Votto fan. Whose to say that Walt don't make an astounding trade involving Joey V. Three years is down the road a piece. hasn't Brett Favre been retiring over three years now?

Why would you want to put Votto through the ordeal of the arbitration process for 3 years? With the problems he has had dealing with emotional issues you want him to come into the season feeling good about himself so that he can prove that he is the franchise player. Pete Rose always said that baseball is 90% mental and 10% physical. I don't know that I totally agree with that but you want Votto to be as mentally ready to go come April as he can be. He doesn't need things like that to mess with his head. This gives the Red's the time they need to decide if they are going to make him the franchise player and lock him up for years to come. It also gives them time to develop other players if they decide they cannot afford to lock him up longterm.

I've read one quote from an agent who can't believe the Reds didn't get a contract long enough to put off FA for at least one year.

 

My thoughts as well.

Didn't JV recently say he could easily see himself playing somewhere else? I remember WLW giving him a hard time about it.

 

No. He said that he's only 26 (or however old he is) and thinks it's crazy when people that young can say, with certainty, that they want to be in a certain place for the next 10 years. As usual, the media took it and ran with it.

I disagree.
Wishful thinking. If Votto bought into "good faith" then you'd think he'd at least give one FA year

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.