Covington Catholic / Newport Central Catholic 1/14 Prediction

Who wins this game?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Covington Catholic
    • Newport Central Catholic

I can't see this game being anything but close. I can see things opening up for Baker and the potential for him to have a big night with Geisler and Thelen somewhat canceling each other out, banging down low. I think Highchew wins that battle of the floor generals and the Breds nailing more 3's than CovCath on their home court. Riedenger has to be on to keep it close and Connelly has to play tough, but stay out of foul trouble. Thankfully Maschinot is playing more confidently because he's going to be challenged by some quick pressure. Colonels seriously need to watch their turnovers. It has the potential to be a thriller minus a big Crazies crowd. I'm leaning towards thinking that NCC pulls this one out at home by no more than a 3 point margin with no team taking any more than a 5 point lead throughout.

NCC 67

CCH 64

Connelly had to get stitches after the Holmes game. A key for CovCath will be how well he can play two days after that. I look to Schult coming off the bench to be a talisman for the Colonels. There are some good match ups for him in this game.