Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Key Players w/ Injuries in the 9th

Featured Replies

With so many good teams in the 9th Region this year vying to be Number 1, it's terrible that any team would have to suffer the loss of a key player's services due to injury, and more so for the young men who have to endure the recovery time, and the sitting out because of. I can only wish them all the best in their speedy recovery & their chances to play again to help their team in their success.

 

Teams with injured key players, unfortunately, can tremendously lower the chances of them cutting down the nets at the Kentucky Bank Arena come tourney time.

 

I'm not sure of all the injured players in the 9th except for what I've read here at BGP, but was was pondering what teams could struggle as a result.

 

33rd District:

 

Boone Co. - Travis Montgomery - ACL

 

Ryle - Todd Vollet - Rolled his ankle during the Holmes game but not sure if he's played since.

 

34th District:

None that I know of

 

35th District:

 

None that I know of

 

36th District:

 

Highlands - Jack Stewart - Back Injury - From what I've read is that it's dicey, but he's working on the possibility of playing again.

 

Are there any other teams with injured players that I'm forgetting that could be affected by the rearing of Injury's ugly head?

 

Can any of these teams rebound without the services of these key players?

The kid from St. Henry, I think his name is Burnett.

Byrns from Conner made his first start on Friday night after being sidelined with a foot injury since the beginning of the season. He should be able to help the Cougars get back on track.

  • Author

Saw Conner Cleves of CovCath with his arm in a sling at the Highlands game. Not sure what happened to him? He was serving some quality minutes off the bench for the Colonels at the guard position. Deep bench or not, I'm sure Coach L would like to see him back in the game some day.

The kid from St. Henry, I think his name is Burnett.

 

Zach Barnett. The only player on the Cru's varsity team with any varsity experience going into this season. Definitely hurts not having him as their record obviously shows.

  • Author
Zach Barnett. The only player on the Cru's varsity team with any varsity experience going into this season. Definitely hurts not having him as their record obviously shows.

 

What's the prognosis on Zach? Any chance of him playing this year?

You really have to feel for these SRs that are out. Praying for quick and full recoveries for all of these boys.

What's with all the back injuries at HHS? You have had Stewart, Grote, and McGraw all have back issues the last few years..

Barnett gets another X ray this week. He has started re-hab and they are hoping he can play in the ALL A at some point. If not I would expect him back by late January early Febuary. But keep in mind that his broken fibula came in the first quarter of the first game of the year vs Brossart.

  • Author
Barnett gets another X ray this week. He has started re-hab and they are hoping he can play in the ALL A at some point. If not I would expect him back by late January early Febuary. But keep in mind that his broken fibula came in the first quarter of the first game of the year vs Brossart.

 

What a drag. :eek:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.