Mason County 59 Campbell County 57

According to the prediction thread this is closer than most thought.

Kids are so burnt out from playing basketball all summer because of recommendations from parents or coaches that they just turn it off or on when they want through January especially, usually games are either really close or blowouts, thought would see the latter of those tonight.

Good Game Mason,Congrats I'll take a road win anytime I can get one..One more road game Friday night at Dunbar and finally home sweet home for Mason Saturday night..These guys are probally just tired of traveling and playing road games! Best part is rest season theres a ton of home games including the tourney!!!!!

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Kids are so burnt out from playing basketball all summer because of recommendations from parents or coaches that they just turn it off or on when they want through January especially, usually games are either really close or blowouts, thought would see the latter of those tonight.

I agree, I too thought the Camels would turn it up tonight.

This is early in the season, so I can't see being burnt out as an excuse, especially with this being a big regional game.

This is early in the season, so I can't see being burnt out as an excuse, especially with this being a big regional game.

January is "hump day" in a high school basketball season, don't forget they started practice Oct.15th and a lot of these kids probably played AAU until Labor Day

These are not your older brother's Royals. Coming into the season with no defined bench, no Pawsat and not facing the easiest schedule in the world.

Dunbar will be a challenge, but if they manage to win that game, they will finish this brutal stretch of 12 road games 7-5 and 3 of those losses being 1 possession games in the 4th quarter. The Royals did come back to cut the Princeton lead down to 5, but I'm not even including that one.

It's worth repeating if anyone doesn't know, it's been over 60 years since a 10th Region team won 4 straight region titles.

These are not your older brother's Royals. Coming into the season with no defined bench, no Pawsat and not facing the easiest schedule in the world.

Dunbar will be a challenge, but if they manage to win that game, they will finish this brutal stretch of 12 road games 7-5 and 3 of those losses being 1 possession games in the 4th quarter. The Royals did come back to cut the Princeton lead down to 5, but I'm not even including that one.

It's worth repeating if anyone doesn't know, it's been over 60 years since a 10th Region team won 4 straight region titles.

That streak will end this year until someone in the 10th proves they can beat the Royals in a final and hope Campbell County or Scott or BB makes it to the final to make it interesting because Clark County has proven time and time again they aren't the team.

Did anyone else think this game was not officiated all that well? I mean for both teams.

I do have to say it was nice to see Joe Franzen back on the court. He looked a little rusty but he will help Campbell County the rest of the season.

Edited by memyselfandi
Grammar

Did anyone else think this game was not officiated all that well? I mean for both teams.

I do have to say it was nice to see Joe Franzen back on the court. He looked a little rusty but he will help Campbell County the rest of the season.

Nothing against Setty (he's a great player) but he seemed to get the benefit of several no calls from the officials when in fact he should have been whistled. Case in point, the Camels Kennedy goes in for a breakaway lay-up late in the game and Setty makes solid contact from behind....no call, no foul.

Very hard to watch Mason play. Just like the Montgomery Co tournament. Only involve one player offensively, then force other team to go zone. Why would they have a 6'9 player on the perimeter against a 2-3 zone? Lofton or Miller would have scored 70 points if they took as many shots as Setty did tonight. Mason will not have a chance come region tourney unless the find a way to get all players involved. Think I may stick to staying home and listen on radio. Not as ugly that way.