Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Krebs Talks About Billy Clyde

Featured Replies

  • Author
Very interesting.

 

The two things that jumped out at me were putting Jorts in the bathroom stall and kicking Meeks off of the team at halftime of the ND game.

The two things that jumped out at me were putting Jorts in the bathroom stall and kicking Meeks off of the team at halftime of the ND game.

 

I thought the part about Darius was interesting. About him not having any confidence because of BCG and whether it has carried over until now or not.

Didn't watch the video, but Krebs was on KSR a few weeks back & really dished the dirt on BCG. In the words of the immortal George W. Bush, that guy was a major league "butthole."

I can't figure him out. He turned Crawford and Bradley into complete madmen and has probably ruined Darius's career. I guess it was the alcoholic mood swings.

I thought I read where BCG had apologized to former players for the way he used to act? Apparently Krebs did not take to it as he still has an axe to grind with BCG. That is damaging even if he is recovered.

It has always been my contention that alcohol may have played a role, but more so than that, Clyde was just a terrible fit for Kentucky. The stage was too big for him and he was not the figurehead he was hired to be. I think the guy can coach - in its purest sense - but he is not made for the big stage.

I don't blame Krebs, why not tell what really happened? I think one of them should write a book about it, they would make some cash.

Strange interview. Krebs spends 7 minutes just ripping Billy Clyde and throwing him completely under the bus, then says "I have the utmost respect for him". Then waffles about whether or not he wants him to coach his own son. Good insight into the disarray though. Did not know any of that.

  • Author
I thought I read where BCG had apologized to former players for the way he used to act? Apparently Krebs did not take to it as he still has an axe to grind with BCG. That is damaging even if he is recovered.

 

I thought Krebs was fair and it wasn't a case of having an ax to grind. HEck, at the end of the interview he said he'd let his kid play for Billy. He also said Billy taught him and others that they could go beyond preconceived limits.

I thought Krebs was fair and it wasn't a case of having an ax to grind. HEck, at the end of the interview he said he'd let his kid play for Billy. He also said Billy taught him and others that they could go beyond preconceived limits.

I did not think anything he said was out of bounds as far as what tactics Clyde used. I am not saying I am condoning BCG's actions, but you hear of a lot worse stuff than a guy sitting in a bathroom stall or getting in to it with it a player and "kicking them off a team" at a halftime. To me the most revealing thing he told was that BCG all but quit on the team in the second season and lost control. I would be willing to bet Krebs would not send his son to play for BCG under any circumstance. He may have answered that way, but I did not get that sense.

I thought I read where BCG had apologized to former players for the way he used to act? Apparently Krebs did not take to it as he still has an axe to grind with BCG. That is damaging even if he is recovered.

 

A while back I posted that Billy Clyde had called Patrick Patterson & apologized for his time at Kentucky.

I don't blame Krebs, why not tell what really happened? I think one of them should write a book about it, they would make some cash.

 

Krebs has written a book. I think it is mostly about his mother & her battle with cancer, though.

I've said for a long time that the presence of Mr. Keightley would have made a huge difference during the second season. He seemed to be a father-figure to BCG, and the guy obviously needed that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.