Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region top players thus far

Featured Replies

I know the season is young, but we've had several games now to evaluate players, and with the holidays, we'll have several days without basketball games. So here's my list. Thoughts?

 

1. Robbie Stenzel, Clark County

2. Vinny Zollo, Clark County

3. Treg Setty, Mason County

4. Kellen Smith, Scott

5. Corey Rogers, Clark County

6. Omar Prewitt, Montgomery County

7. Jordan Gilbert, Mason County

8. Kyle King, Deming

9. Jaylen Daniel, Clark County

10. Mason Monroe, Pendleton County

 

Honorable Mention

 

Nate Losey, Campbell County

Nate McGovney, Campbell County

Colton Fraysure, Augusta

Luke King, Deming

Travis Norton, Bishop Brossart

Tyler Black, Mason County

Todd Jefferson, Bracken County

Chris Gillispie, Bourbon County

Aaron Jacobs, Paris

 

Going to show my Northern Kentucky bias but with the start that they have had I think you need to include McGovney and Losey in top 10. I would drop King from Deming and Monroe from Pendleton.

 

Have no problem with Jaylen Daniel in top 10. I think he is extremely talented.

 

Think you would have to include Cameron Haynes from Scott in the Honorable Mention category.

I would add Jake Handshoe, Montgomery County, to the honorable mention.

So would I along with Travis Purvis.

Gold Sunrise, you see every single Clark County game. I'm glad to see somone giving Jaylen his props. I find it hard it to believe that more people don't think he's the best player on the team. Ive seen them play four times this year. He is so impressive. By far the best leaper on the team. He is an excellent shooter. (I would love to get his three pointer stats on the year compared to R. Stenzel). Numbers on this team don't matter. There is a different leading scorer every night. Its hard to go by PPG when it comes to evaluating Clark County. I totally agree with Gold Sunrise that he would be a star on all other teams, but I'm going to INCLUDE Mason County. Based on College potential, Jaylen Daniel is the best player in the Region. By the way, I'm not a die hard Cardinal. I'm going out on a limb and say that Travis Purvis would average 15+ on any other team.

 

I agree 100%. Jaylan would be the star for most teams. He is so athletic. Jaylan is 6'7 and can play any position on the floor. Last year he was our starting PG and does do that honor somethimes this year. How many teams have the option to take a kid that is 6'7 and have them play PG? It is just because of all the talent GRC has in this senior class.

 

Purvis was a starter last year and is now our 6th man with the return of Bopper Stenzel this year.

 

Thanks NKYThreeFer for stating this. Coming from me it would sound like I was a homie....:D

I know the season is young, but we've had several games now to evaluate players, and with the holidays, we'll have several days without basketball games. So here's my list. Thoughts?

 

1. Robbie Stenzel, Clark County

2. Vinny Zollo, Clark County

3. Treg Setty, Mason County

4. Kellen Smith, Scott

5. Corey Rogers, Clark County

6. Omar Prewitt, Montgomery County

7. Jordan Gilbert, Mason County

8. Kyle King, Deming

9. Jaylen Daniel, Clark County

10. Mason Monroe, Pendleton County

 

Honorable Mention

 

Nate Losey, Campbell County

Nate McGovney, Campbell County

Colton Fraysure, Augusta

Luke King, Deming

Travis Norton, Bishop Brossart

Tyler Black, Mason County

Todd Jefferson, Bracken County

Chris Gillispie, Bourbon County

Aaron Jacobs, Paris

 

If this is true, then Clark's coach should be relieved of his duties if he doesn't win the region.

If this is true, then Clark's coach should be relieved of his duties if he doesn't win the region.

 

 

Our goal is to not only to win the region, but to win the state title too. We do have the talent to do it.

Our goal is to not only to win the region, but to win the state title too. We do have the talent to do it.

 

Best work on region first. :D

 

I have heard this somewhere before. :lol::p

Robbie Stenzel and Kellen Smith are the two best players in the region.

The King boys are twins.

:laugh: Robbie Stenzel is decent but he's a household name and that is why everyone thinks he's so good. Please watch the Cardinals play and tell me if you can find a best player. As for Kellen Smith, that is an awful bold statement. I think I'll start a thread about him and get the opinion of NKY. The southern Tenth Region never get to see these kids play.

 

Robbie Stenzel and Kellen Smith are the two best players in the region.
:laugh: Robbie Stenzel is decent but he's a household name and that is why everyone thinks he's so good. Please watch the Cardinals play and tell me if you can find a best player. As for Kellen Smith, that is an awful bold statement. I think I'll start a thread about him and get the opinion of NKY. The southern Tenth Region never get to see these kids play.

 

Anyone that has watched the kid play the last 3 or 4 games will definently put Kellen at the top. He basically can't be guarded one on one or two on one right now. He has proven to be head and shoulders above his competition the last two weeks. I don't think anyone will argue against that if they have seen him play. Kellen has really improved on what I thought was his biggest weakness last year and that was his outside shooting. If you don't cover him tight this year then you may as well write it down.

As for Robbie Stenzel, I really can't comment because I have not watched him enough and its tough to compare the times I have watched because Robbie is not asked to do as much. He is a very good player in his own right and may be better than Kellen. I just haven't seen it yet.

  • Author
I don't believe in getting on here and critizing kids. This thread is for rating players. If you think Jaylan Daniels is the best ,rate him at the top and rate them any way you wish, but this thread should not be for degrading players.

 

I haven't seen any degrading of kids? There hasn't been anything personal or rude. Only a few people that didn't think Daniel was a top ten player.

As for Kellen Smith, that is an awful bold statement.

 

Not bold at all if you've watched him play. Not his fault that their are parts of the Region that don't get to see him play. Takes nothing away from his game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.