NKMSBL Week of December 20

Jack of all Trades

Dayton tournament is going on currently. Saw three six grade games yesterday afternoon.

I know Highlands six grade got destroyed by Summit View.

I know Dayton six grade lost to Blessed Sacrament.

Silver Grove and Walton played a great game at the sixth grade level with Walton pulling out a victory. Silver Grove had played Bellevue at noon and then had to play Walton at 2:50 and looked tired (6 man rotation) in the second half.

Dayton tournament is going on currently. Saw three six grade games yesterday afternoon.

I know Highlands six grade got destroyed by Summit View.

I know Dayton six grade lost to Blessed Sacrament.

Silver Grove and Walton played a great game at the sixth grade level with Walton pulling out a victory. Silver Grove had played Bellevue at noon and then had to play Walton at 2:50 and looked tired (6 man rotation) in the second half.

A rotation wouldn't that be nice. Still all 15 players seeing action at HMS. 6 of the boys are 4-3 on a school only AAU team ahead of 7 other teams. I might mention the other two boys are from HMS didn't make the team. The only teams ahead of them are from multiple schools. Food for thought. Another thread indicated a coach was given a directive to develop Fort Thomas kids in AAU would certainly like to meet him.

In 7th grade action tonight at Dayton. Game 1 saw Campbell County Gold defeat St. Joseph by about 15 points. Game 2 saw Highlands defeat St. Mary by a score of 42-17. Score was 30-8 at half and Birds coasted from there to improve to 8-2 on the season.

Can you post the brackets?

Well the "6 man rotation" on the Silver Grove 6th grade team is out of necessity. That rotation is comprised of 4 6th graders and 2 5th graders. Unfortunately next guy in is a 2nd grader............................while he is the leading scorer on the 3/4 grade team it is a bit of a stretch to help this team that stands at 8-1. The 4 6th graders are pretty talented but hard to win against teams with any depth at all.

Can you post the brackets?

Here is what I know.

7th grade boys:

Games started last night. Campbell County Gold defeated a St. Joseph team and Highlands defeated St. Mary. The two winners square off on Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. at Silver Grove. The nightcap last night was Beechwood against another St. Joseph team with the winner advancing to play Twenhofel tonight. Winners bracket final is set for Tuesday 12/28 at 5:30. Winner will then wait for the losers bracket to be completed and play on 12/30 at 7:50.

The HMS 7th grade team defeated Beechwood in the winners bracket final 38-22 last night. The Baby Birds will face the winner of the losers bracket between Beechwood and Twenhofel.. Big Ben Weyer came off the bench and hit 4 3pters for the Birds. Braden Combs was the top scorer for the Tigers scoring more than half their points..GO BIRDS!!

The HMS 7th grade team defeated Beechwood in the winners bracket final 38-22 last night. The Baby Birds will face the winner of the losers bracket between Beechwood and Twenhofel.. Big Ben Weyer came off the bench and hit 4 3pters for the Birds. Braden Combs was the top scorer for the Tigers scoring more than half their points..GO BIRDS!!

why is he coming off the bench, he can't break into the starting line up at HMS

Bigs shooting 3's hmmmmm. Congrats to the Birds.

That is what can happen when you do not have to always play your designated number in the system. Kid is very capable from outside. I am a little biased, but this may be the best passing team that I have seen in quite some time at HMS. There are no I's on this team and thus they have been very successful to date.

That is what can happen when you do not have to always play your designated number in the system. Kid is very capable from outside. I am a little biased, but this may be the best passing team that I have seen in quite some time at HMS. There are no I's on this team and thus they have been very successful to date.

Fair enough, I am curious about Weyer though. He is a big kid for 7th grade but what is his potential for growing? Are there any kids in grades 6-8 who have potential to reach 6'4 or taller?