Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 53 Walton Verona 50

Featured Replies

I'd like to see the rebounding stats...seemed to me WV out rebounded SK

Im not going to say this is why WV lost, but the big ref was really really bad. Especially in the second half, and more specifically the 4th quarter. The other two refs were very good I thought and called a good game, but the big one was just plain bad. If a kid just lowers his shoulder why driving to the hoop and creates contact on the shot, thats not a foul on the defender. SK had 3 or 4 'and 1s' in the 4th quarter and alot of them were really bad calls.

 

How many of those and 1's did they hit? Maybe, and thats a big maybe, one.

I'd like to see the rebounding stats...seemed to me WV out rebounded SK

 

I don't know the official stats but I'd say you are correct. WV did a great job going for those offensive boards and scored quite a few times on their second chance. The Neers were very lucky tonight to win the game. I thought it was over once the Cats went up by eight early in the fourth.

I know McNeil is a frosh. Who else and what year are they in the backcourt?

 

Sullivan and Hargett are both Srs and all three are solid ball handlers. Monday is also a hard working player in the paint. I had no ided McNeil was a frosh, he sure plays at a higher level.

2 pts for Doss? Seems like a problem. Why isn't he automatic underneath?

 

He was a factor at the end, when he helped cause a five seconds violation on the in bound pass with :04 left. Bottom line is he needs to play with a mean streak, he should be able to dominate the boards with his size but it takes more than that.

SK had too many turnovers

 

Plenty of poor decisions made on errant passes. I could name at least three terrible turnovers in the last 4 minutes that really could have burned them.

Hargett is a junior, not a senior.

Hargett is a junior, not a senior.

 

Thanks for the correction, he seems much improved since last season. I think Trame has a legit shot at the all "A" 8th again.

I don't think we can consider SK in the top 10 based on this performance.

 

While I definitely agree with you about them not being in the top 10, Walton is alot better than most people think, and Im sure they showed alot of people that tonight.

Sounds like a good effort by the Bearcats!

McNeil played very well the first 2 quarters then seemed to be tired towards the 4th. At times he was the best player on the floor. WV and SK are going to have some epic battles for the next 4 years.

I know McNeil is a frosh. Who else and what year are they in the backcourt?

I have watched McNeil play in person and he is a good player. I think he will be really tough by the time he is a senior.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.