Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner/Cov Cath Predictions

Featured Replies

Conner visits Park Hills Tuesday night for what should be a good game. Thoughts?

Should be a good one. But Thelen, Conelly, and Baker should have their way down low.

The good news for Coach Hicks and the Cougars is that CCH will not play zone like Boone did Friday night.

This should be a pretty good game. I think the Cougars will take better care of the ball, but Covcath should have the advantage inside with Thelen and Baker.

 

I'm going to go with Conner, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Covcath win. I think they have better depth than Conner.

 

Conner- 61

Covcath- 57

The good news for Coach Hicks and the Cougars is that CCH will not play zone like Boone did Friday night.

 

If the zone is the best defense for CCH to run against Cooner with their inside size would that not be the smart defense to run until Conner can shoot them out of it?

Does CCH run strictly man to man defense?

If the zone is the best defense for CCH to run against Cooner with their inside size would that not be the smart defense to run until Conner can shoot them out of it?

Does CCH run strictly man to man defense?

 

When I saw them Sunday, the only defense they ran was man to man.

 

Covcath struggles big time against a press though. Don't be surprised to see Coach Hicks press some.

Cov. Cath. by 6. The "Crazies" will be the 6th man.

  • Author
The good news for Coach Hicks and the Cougars is that CCH will not play zone like Boone did Friday night.

 

I have been around the game of basketball for the better part of my life and I have never witnessed what I saw Friday night at Boone. I honestly think that game was the 1st of 5 that will played this year between Boone and Conner. I don't think the other 4 will have a 1 FG output from Conner in a half. Having said that, Beechwood opened in a zone (shocker) on Saturday and Conner shot the ball much better and attacked the zone much more effectively. Carter Burns should also be back soon, which will improve Conner's ability to knock down some outside shots.

I am looking for this to be a close game most of the way with Conner pulling it out in the end. I expect the score to be somewhere around 49 - 45 in favor of the Cougars. Thelan has the opportunity to have a big game. Conner's guards are very good defensively and will cause problems for the Colonels. As Walter said, they will protect the ball well also. If Conner stays true to form, they will look to hold onto the ball offensively and limit the touches that Thelan gets. Conner will struggle against the strong inside game as they did against Brown at Boone. I would like to see Hodges defending Thelan, but probably won't. I think he has a better shot at denying him the ball versus trying to body up with him using Robinson. Flesch and Liechty will decide this game. If they can force turnovers and control the ball, the Cougars will win.

I have been around the game of basketball for the better part of my life and I have never witnessed what I saw Friday night at Boone. I honestly think that game was the 1st of 5 that will played this year between Boone and Conner. I don't think the other 4 will have a 1 FG output from Conner in a half. Having said that, Beechwood opened in a zone (shocker) on Saturday and Conner shot the ball much better and attacked the zone much more effectively. Carter Burns should also be back soon, which will improve Conner's ability to knock down some outside shots.

 

If he comes back as strong as he was in pre season, he will be a huge asset. Carter was a consistent 3 point threat that the Cougars greatly need if they will continue to see zones this year. Although, I feel like the zone they saw at Boone could have been beatable without having to knock down three's. It appears that Cougars may be figuring it out after watching the Beechwood game.

If the zone is the best defense for CCH to run against Cooner with their inside size would that not be the smart defense to run until Conner can shoot them out of it?

Does CCH run strictly man to man defense?

I don't think i've ever seen CCH use zone defense. The will be in man to man whether it works or not. But with CCH's speed i think that it will work.

I don't think i've ever seen CCH use zone defense. The will be in man to man whether it works or not. But with CCH's speed i think that it will work.

 

Listerman has used a zone defense in the past, including match up zones.

This one will be well worth the price of admission. I look for Thelan to have a impressive showing down low, the Cougars won't be able to handle him. However like Manny said, Conner's guards will decide the outcome of this one..

Conner 53

CovCath 50

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.