Highlands vs St. Henry Predictions (12/10)

The Bluebirds kickoff their season on Friday night against an always dangerous and well coached St. Henry squad. Any thoughts or predictions on this matchup?

I think the Birds will have too much size for the Cru and as long as they lock down Barnett it should be a victory on their home court.

Birds 56

Cru 47

Tough call on this one. I'd go with the birds for sure later in the season, but they still may have that state championship hangover this weekend. St. Henry in a close one

They have had their starting 4 Sr's since late October and Nick True the 6'5 Frosh has played with these 4 since early November. I am not the coach but IMO this will likely be the starting 5 and then Lewis (JR), Witte (Soph) off the bench. They will be shorthanded in the fact that Towles 6'5 and New (PG sub) will likely be rusty and not in game shape but that is it really. I look for the 4 Sr's to all have good games and the Birds to win.

I just dont think the Cru has ANYONE who can handle Stewart and they will likely play a lot of zone. Crowley presents matchup problems as well with his height 6'3 at the 2Guard position. Egan against a zone is scary, he is a spot shooter with great effectiveness. He was 7-9 shooting against North Oldham in their scrimmage. Dean has been playing well also at the Point.

Outside of Barnett(very good player) and sophomore Darius Meiman(also very good player) I just dont see what the Cru brings to the table except great coaching.

I think you will see the Cru press most of the game and this could give Dean, Crowley and Egan trouble in the backcourt and prevent Stewart from being as effective. I think it will be close with the Birds prevailing in the end.

HHS 52

St. Henry 45

I actually hope they press because the Press Break that the Birds run will showcase Stewart's dunking abilities. I saw it firsthand this summer when Lou. Seneca and Fern Creek pressed em. Bring it.

My question is will Highlands even have enough players to fill out the rosters to play a Frosh, JV and then Varsity game? The last I heard they only had 10 kids before any football players show up. That leads to another question of who will show up from the football team that will have an impact on the program? It seems that every year there are a few players that are rumored to be playing and then when the time comes they choose to stick with the football program. I would expect for Towles and New to be contributing factors on Friday, anyone else? Heard Drake Bruns has decided not to play, but that Devin Bruns may be giving it a go. Any other Juniors or Seniors?