Mason County 62 Scott 56

The Lady Royals improve to 3-0 with a 62-56 win over Scott

Bailey Menke had a double-double with 20 points and a career-high 14 rebounds to lead the Mason County Lady Royals to a 62-56 win over the Scott Lady Eagles tonight in Taylor Mill. Mason County led by 18 points at the half.

http://courtsidewithdannyweddle.blogspot.com/

MC (3-0) Menke 20, Smith 18, Moore 2, Moran 9, Morton 1, Butler 12

S (0-2) Tibbs 17, Buntin 12, Jackson 4, Stinson 8, Trimpe 13, Thurber 2

MC FG 31.9% 3 PT FG 36.8% FT 67.6% REB 39 TO 9

S FG 40% 3 PT FG 28.6% FT 72.7% REB 37 TO 10

MC 21 12 11 18-62

S 11 04 13 28-56

Are teams really keying on Tibbs?

Mason did. She was double teamed at virtually all times. Mason denied the pass to Tibbs. Her coach should have moved her out to a wing position. Tibbs can dribble and shoot, but none of that matters when you don't have the ball.

Mason did. She was double teamed at virtually all times. Mason denied the pass to Tibbs. Her coach should have moved her out to a wing position. Tibbs can dribble and shoot, but none of that matters when you don't have the ball.

Nice win Mason Co. Just about every team in the region would love to have ms. Tibbs on the wing and lose her effectiveness. Scott needs improved guard play.

"Scott needs improved guard play. " I could not agree more. Lauren is a very good player, but as I have stated before, she cannot do it alone, and they are definitely missing this year a true point guard. The game that I saw, the guards struggled to bring the ball down the court. I will say I was quite impressed with the 8th grader, I believe Trimpe is her name. I noticed in the box score she had 13 points. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come in the future for the Lady Eagles.