Wayne County 71 Mercer County 68

It seems the 12th Region Tournament is always at Lincoln or Pulaski? Any reason for this?

They rotate between the two because one is closer to the southern 12th region teams and the other is closer to the northern 12th region teams is my understanding.

They should really look into letting Mercer host it one year. Their new gym is really nice.

They rotate between the two because one is closer to the southern 12th region teams and the other is closer to the northern 12th region teams is my understanding.

They should really look into letting Mercer host it one year. Their new gym is really nice.

I have never understood why the Coaches in the Region want to give an advantage to Pulaski Co. and Linclon every year. Why not Rotate the Regional Tourney every year. There are several Gyms that can handle Regional Tourney.

I have never understood why the Coaches in the Region want to give an advantage to Pulaski Co. and Linclon every year. Why not Rotate the Regional Tourney every year. There are several Gyms that can handle Regional Tourney.

Agreed. I think Boyle, Danville (maybe, but bad parking) Garrard, Mercer, McCreary, Wayne, and Southwestern all have gyms that could host the event, along with Lincoln and Pulaski. I think the rotation plan really gained steam when North Laurel and South Laurel met in the title game at Garrard County (50+ miles away) several years ago, which was silly because (A) it was a one-time thing and (B) the Laurels aren't around anymore. I, for one, liked it a lot better when there was a rotation. Just have a northern school host one year and a southern the next, etc.

The Northern Schools complain when it is at Wayne or McCreary because that a long drive for a 6 or 6:30 start if they play the first game. The same would apply if the region was held at Mercer or even Boyle / Danville for the southern schools. PC and Lincoln are the two most centrally located schools and both south and north ends of the region are pacified. Personally I think Pulaski is the perfect venue and it should be there. I wouldn't mind if it were somewhere else if they had a facility as good as PC's but it's aggravating to get crammed into Lincoln's dark gym while a great facility like PC's sits empty.

The Northern Schools complain when it is at Wayne or McCreary because that a long drive for a 6 or 6:30 start if they play the first game. The same would apply if the region was held at Mercer or even Boyle / Danville for the southern schools. PC and Lincoln are the two most centrally located schools and both south and north ends of the region are pacified. Personally I think Pulaski is the perfect venue and it should be there. I wouldn't mind if it were somewhere else if they had a facility as good as PC's but it's aggravating to get crammed into Lincoln's dark gym while a great facility like PC's sits empty.

Agree 100% on Pulaski. It's head-and-shoulders above Lincoln and if the region wants a central host, then it should always be at PC. I've never liked Lincoln's gym and the seating/parking/lobby leave a lot to be desired. I always thought Lincoln's gym was considered good for a region more because of it's location instead of it's quality.