Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A Title Game: Newport Catholic and Owensboro Catholic

Featured Replies

screen to Hayden but hold bringing it back

  • Replies 211
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd and 22

  • Author
Newcath's defense is very good.

 

I tried telling the few who were predicting a high scoring game that it wouldn't happen. Newcath's ball control offense will keep OC off the field too long for them to put up a lot of points.

 

I knew the NC defense was very good, but I figured this would be one of the better games

Pass complete to Dixon for 3 yard gain to 41 with 15 seconds left

  • Author

Halftime: NC 21 OC 0

Halftime.

I knew the NC defense was very good, but I figured this would be one of the better games

 

I said at the beginning of the year after seeing Newcath the first time that nobody in 2A would beat them or come close in the playoffs. Too big, strong, and deep for other schools their own size.

If Newcath scores out of the half, this one's over....especially with the way they're running the ball.

  • Author
If Newcath scores out of the half, this one's over....especially with the way they're running the ball.

 

I definitely agree; NC has been lights out since the loss to Beechwood.

  • Author

Walter, how do you think the game would have turned out if NC and Mayfield played? I know that one is Class A and the other is 2A. I'm just curious.

I definitely agree; NC has been lights out since the loss to Beechwood.

 

That game was a wake up call for the Breds and it's shown during the playoffs.

Walter, how do you think the game would have turned out if NC and Mayfield played? I know that one is Class A and the other is 2A. I'm just curious.

 

Watched some film on Mayfield and while they have an explosive offense and great athletes, Newcath would be too big and strong for them up front on both sides of the ball.

 

Newcath's run game would work Mayfield's defense, IMO.

 

Tought runners like Kelly, Cain, and Hayes are extremely tough to stop for opposing teams.

I asked this question earlier and the one fan on here from OC never responded. W/ their QB being so short, have they shored up their inability to use the middle of their field on offense. It doesn't seem like they have, but as NewCath showed in '06, it aien't over until it's over.

  • Author
That game was a wake up call for the Breds and it's shown during the playoffs.

 

I'm with you all the way

93 yards to 217 at half. Key stat: 5 first downs to 14.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.