Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 59 Conner 55

Featured Replies

I agree....both teams looked very good for the first game of the year. Conner certainly has the ammunition to have an exceptional year.

 

I thought Robinson was out of the game too much...he hit some big shots from the outside.

 

I agree . He was out for long stretches and often at key moments of the game. I have always thought that if you had a guy with a hot hand you keep feeding him. Robinson definately impressed me with his outside shot.

I was more impressed with Dixie than Conner. Conner seemed out of sorts at times, even though it is early in the season I would have thought they would have been more in tune with each other. Dixie is a good team as long as Pike stays on the floor.

 

I really thought that the referees struggled in this game. Too many controversial calls and some that simply did not need to be made - for both teams. Although it appears that they may be calling games a little closer this year, there simply was not enough consistency from the ref crew for the two teams to get into a rhythm.

These are two good teams that will compete for a region crown along with 4 or 5 other squads. Congrats to Dixie on pulling out the win on the road. It will be a very interesting year in the 9th IMHO.

I

 

I really thought that the referees struggled in this game. Too many controversial calls and some that simply did not need to be made - for both teams. .

 

I don't remember "controversial" calls. I remember calls that Coach Hicks or Coach Chev didn't like.

The only call I can really rememeber as controversial would be the foul on Pike where he grabbed Robinson around the waist. It could have been called intentional IMO I had just seen almost the same incident the night before at Boone where Stauffer grabbed Montgomery.

Sounds like a good game. Conner fans don't need to worry, Coach Hicks will have them ready by post-season play. He almost always does!

 

Coach Hicks has the ability to get the most out of his players and develop game-plans to counter the teams he plays when the post-season comes around.

The only call I can really rememeber as controversial would be the foul on Pike where he grabbed Robinson around the waist. It could have been called intentional IMO I had just seen almost the same incident the night before at Boone where Stauffer grabbed Montgomery.

 

Forgot about that one. I didn't have a good view of what happened.

The only call I can really rememeber as controversial would be the foul on Pike where he grabbed Robinson around the waist. It could have been called intentional IMO I had just seen almost the same incident the night before at Boone where Stauffer grabbed Montgomery.

 

A charge that did not get called at the end of the first quarter. There was the goaltending call against Pike in the first half, looked like he just touched the net. A few minutes later the goaltending non-call from the Pike stick back dunk that got Hicks a little upset. Overall the calls were inconsistent.

A charge that did not get called at the end of the first quarter. There was the goaltending call against Pike in the first half, looked like he just touched the net. A few minutes later the goaltending non-call from the Pike stick back dunk that got Hicks a little upset. Overall the calls were inconsistent.

 

Both basket interference calls you mention (not goaltending) were called correctly.

The only call I can really rememeber as controversial would be the foul on Pike where he grabbed Robinson around the waist.

 

I think Pike fouled prior to grabbing the shirt, albeit he did hold on for quite a while as he fell to the floor.

 

I thought the refs did a good job of communicating with one another, including stopping to discuss a few situations before making their final decisions. Tough job getting this type of high caliber game so early in the season.

 

Overall great game to watch. 5 bucks well spent:thumb:

....Stansberry had an uncharistic shooting night ....

 

Having been impressed with his shooting mechanics the past few years, I noticed last night that he wasn't squaring his shoulders to the basket. He will zero in and should indeed be another scoring threat for the Colonels.

 

What surprised me the most was Dixie pressing out of the gate, and throwing in a few zone looks. Not their typical modus operandi. I think it surprised the Cougars as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.