Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christian County 27 Warren Central 26

Featured Replies

Christian County survives in overtime

What a crazy ending. Huge stop by CC on the conversion try.

 

Seemed like WC telegraphed the play with the motion man.

Congratulations Colonels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

It would be alright to win the next game with a little less drama following this win and the win against Bowling Green.

It was a great game but very sloppy. CC needs to fire their special teams coach. Gave up two onside kicks and a kick off return for a TD. Also, the refs were awful. I'm going to bet it was at least 3 to 1 penalties for CC vs WC. It seemed like every CC big play was negated by a flag. WC's offense was unimaginative. Really cost them the game. They played well on D, but in the end had no answer and no desire to tackle Tandy and Hickey. CC needs to clean up some things going forward if they hope to have success against John Hardin next week.

Made the trip to Warren Central for my first visit and really enjoyed it. I was very impressed with both schools defensively. I agree with the previous poster that Warren Central was very unimaginative on offense, but part of the problem seemed like their quarterback either wasn't very solid or didn't have a good grasp of the offense. He was bad, but rather limited. On the offensive side for Christian County, they had plenty of weapons, but I would like to see the Colonels send Tandy over the middle to catch-and-run rather than always send him deep. It didn't seem like he got the ball enough.

 

Finally, the two-point conversion decision was spot on by Warren Central. I didn't think there was any way the Dragons could go toe-to-toe with Christian in four or five overtimes. Shifting the ball to the left hash was a good decision, too, and the defensive offsides moved the ball down to the 1.5 yard line. But running a sweep to the short side of the field against a good defense seemed like a bad call. Christian County had been strong on the edges all night. It's my belief that Warren Central would have scored and won had they just pounded it straight up the middle with Demonte Smith.

I won't make any comments on the legitimacy or illegitimacy of the actual calls, because as a Central fan, even one that tries to be unbiased, it is going to be pretty difficult for me to go against many calls for WC. That said, there were a lot of penalties that killed Christian County drives, and the way they were playing, that was the only thing that held them back many times. I shudder to think what the yardage difference is between their offense and Central's, but the score was close because of those drive killers.

 

It is easy to second guess the OT play call because it didn't work. I loved the two point conversion. I think Central's defense had given all it had, and were unable to stop Christian County. I'm a big fan of winning or losing on your own terms. I felt like Christian County had a pretty good read on the two point call, because Central has generally run to where they stack their blockers. That's just how it goes sometimes, you call a play, they call the right D.

 

My hat's off to Christian County, they had every bit the team I knew they had. I wish them good luck next week, and I will continue to look forward to the future at Central under Coach Rogers. He's a heck of a coach, and no one thought the Dragons would come this far this fast under him.

I watched the last 8 minutes of the game online and it was very entertaining. Seemed like WC had the game in hand once they got the ball back with about 5 minutes to go and then had a couple nice runs to get the ball down to the 24 but then fell apart. Its like they forgot how to tackle on CC's last drive.

I will continue to look forward to the future at Central under Coach Rogers. He's a heck of a coach, and no one thought the Dragons would come this far this fast under him.
Rogers has done a fine job at WC. But WC should be good. Hood won big. Wood won big. Cox won big. There are occasional dips in talent, just as there are at every school. But the Dragons for the most part will always have talent.

 

There isn't a whole lot of difference in 4 teams in region 1. Congrats to Christian Co. for running the gauntlet and winning it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.