Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A: Corbin/Prestonsburg Predictions

Featured Replies

For the 3rd in a row Corbin and P-burg will face off in the region finals, and this year it's at Corbin! 2 years ago Corbin went into the game the undefeated and last year P-burg was undefeated.

 

I'm having mix feelings about this one but as always my heart says Corbin.

 

Corbin 28-14.

Corbin 27-13.

I'm going with a 28-21 Corbin W.

Prestonsburg needs to force Corbin to respect it's running game, while Corbin must force P-burg to respect its passing game. The Blackcats must move the ball on the ground vs. "cover-2 + man-to-man" schemes. Otoh, the Hounds need to show the ability to throw downfield vs. P-burg's "loading the box + straight man-to-man" type defenses. If one team does a better job, they win.

 

IMO, it's that simple.

 

I'll say Prestonsburg... 35-28 (mostly because I LIKE P-burg's DBs 1-on-1 vs. most any receiving corp, NOT because I'm comfortable with P-burg's running game).

I'll say Prestonsburg... 35-28 (mostly because I LIKE P-burg's DBs 1-on-1 vs. most any receiving corp, NOT because I'm comfortable with P-burg's running game).

 

I agree Pburgs DB's are tough to contend with 1-on-1 with Slone, Williams, & Jamerson. Not to mention the up & coming play of Anderson. I do think if they would use Collins more up the gut it would open up for the outside runs on the dreaded Jet Sweep i hate so much.

I agree Pburgs DB's are tough to contend with 1-on-1 with Slone, Williams, & Jamerson. Not to mention the up & coming play of Anderson. I do think if they would use Collins more up the gut it would open up for the outside runs on the dreaded Jet Sweep i hate so much.

 

We saw some of that this past Friday. When Collins gets inside yards on the trap and counter, the LBs aren't so quick to take the first step wide.

This is a very even match-up between two young teams, turnovers and special teams play will likely determine the winner. It also matches up two of the best all around players in 2A football in Matthew Taylor from Corbin and Jamerson from Prestonsburg, these two do as much for their teams as any other players in the state.

If Prestonsburg does sell out to the run and plays 1 on 1 on the corners, I like Corbins chances. Willard Farris has a lot of options in that situation, and he is a slick play caller. Can't imagine Prestonsburgs D coordinators playing that way for 4 quarters, but we will see.

Corbin is awful tough to beat at home...I'll say 21-14 Redhounds in this one...expect it to be a slobberknocker

If Prestonsburg does sell out to the run and plays 1 on 1 on the corners, I like Corbins chances. Willard Farris has a lot of options in that situation, and he is a slick play caller. Can't imagine Prestonsburgs D coordinators playing that way for 4 quarters, but we will see.

 

Yeah, whether P-burg can cover Corbin's wideouts 1-on-1 is a game determiner. And the other is whether Corbin can control P-burg's running game with 6-7 man fronts.

Absolutely. If Corbin cannot stop the run with 6 or 7 it will be a long night for them. Prestonsburgs spead O is too good to not drop a few extras into coverage.

I'm gonna take my Blackcats 28-20 in a very hard hitting back & forth game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.