Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A: Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions

Who will win? 87 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Lawrence is a good player, he does a lot of good things for his team on the field. But he really needs to work on not throwing off his back foot.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence is a good player, he does a lot of good things for his team on the field. But he really needs to work on not throwing off his back foot.

 

He had no problem throwing 3 touchdown passes lastnight!

  • Author

I think we see the Travis Elliot show shut down early by SK forcing Ryle to be successful throwing the ball...SK will stop the run in this game and Ryle fans better hope Hempel is on target (which he is fully capable of). It will be interesting to see the weather forecast for next Friday, I believe this plays more into this game than the teams themselves as both teams are even IMO. A night like yesterday favors the Neers and their spread speed attack, however if it's nasty cold like the first round games Ryle will have an advantage with their bruising RB even though I still believe SK takes him out of the game early...Another difference I see in SK's advantage is they have faced much stronger competition in the first rounds and have had to play close games and battle making them battle tested and ready for war...On the other hand I'm not sure if Ryle's last two games might hurt them against SK as it will be a war and Ryle won't simply be able to do whatever they want....I see SK attempting lots of passes to their stud Wide-outs and shredding the Raiders through the air, thus opening up the running game for Lawrence much like SK did against HC...Chad Lawrence is a warrior and will not lose to Ryle twice in one season ending his High School career...Chad and the Neers will at least get one more game against Trinity...SK 31 RYLE 14

Ryle is not a one-trick pony, aka Travis Elliott show. Deion Mullens and Conner Hempel are fine runners, too. It will probably be a cold night but both teams will pick up yards passing the ball. SK will not shred the Raider pass defense.

Lets hope this one is as good as the last one :thumb: It is still 6 days away. But right now they are calling for sunny and in the 50's on Friday with a low in the 30's.

Projected weather report is high 49 and low 32. And if you think Ryle will only score 14 points you are not being realistic. Expect this to be a close game, but I will take Ryle as they have been playing very well the last few weeks.

Ryle is not a one-trick pony, aka Travis Elliott show. Deion Mullens and Conner Hempel are fine runners, too. It will probably be a cold night but both teams will pick up yards passing the ball. SK will not shred the Raider pass defense.

 

Ryle's pass defense will look like clowns when Lawrence and Winkler get done with them!

  • Author
Projected weather report is high 49 and low 32. And if you think Ryle will only score 14 points you are not being realistic. Expect this to be a close game, but I will take Ryle as they have been playing very well the last few weeks.

 

I'm being entirely realistic Ryle will manage 14 points in my opinion...We will see, I've been serving a lot of crow lately...

The only game this season where they only scored 14 points was against Highlands in the second week.

  • Author
Ryle is not a one-trick pony, aka Travis Elliott show. Deion Mullens and Conner Hempel are fine runners, too. It will probably be a cold night but both teams will pick up yards passing the ball. SK will not shred the Raider pass defense.

 

The point is Ryle will not run against SK I don't care who they are or what their names are they won't be picking up too much yardage running the ball...I said Hempel is a very capable passer so we will see, IMO they will need him to produce through the air to win this game...SK has shut down the running attack all year no matter who they play, Cooper and HC were supposed to run well but it didn't happen...I think Elliot had one long run in the first game, which is why I give Ryle 14 points I figure Elliot to break a couple in this game...If I remember correctly that Ryle pass defense was shredded up pretty well last time these two teams played, difference in this game SK's defense is so much improved it's been an amazing transformation...

  • Author
The only game this season where they only scored 14 points was against Highlands in the second week.

 

So it is possible then?

The point is Ryle will not run against SK I don't care who they are or what their names are they won't be picking up too much yardage running the ball...I said Hempel is a very capable passer so we will see, IMO they will need him to produce through the air to win this game...SK has shut down the running attack all year no matter who they play, Cooper and HC were supposed to run well but it didn't happen...I think Elliot had one long run in the first game, which is why I give Ryle 14 points I figure Elliot to break a couple in this game...If I remember correctly that Ryle pass defense was shredded up pretty well last time these two teams played, difference in this game SK's defense is so much improved it's been an amazing transformation...

 

Interesting that only SK has improved since the first game.:sssh:

Ryle's pass defense will look like clowns when Lawrence and Winkler get done with them!

 

Nice respectful comment.

  • Author
Interesting that only SK has improved since the first game.:sssh:

 

No Ryle has improved but SK has already seen the improved Ryle...See Ryle improved after weeks 5 and 6 and almost losing to Cooper and Campbell County...After those two very competitive games against sub par competition (respectively) the Ryle Coach said to himself, "Hey I have a pretty decent QB on my team don't I, maybe I need to stop giving the ball to my stud RB every possession". So that takes us too week 7 where the Raiders faced the Neers and finally presented the competition with a balanced mix of Elliot pounding it up the gut and Hempel both Running and Throwing the ball effectively to keep defenses off balance...So yes Ryle improved their offense so that it is was no longer one dimensional because they knew that after almost losing two games in a row that they were supposed to win convincingly, they might not be so lucky against much stiffer competition in the Neers...The key Ryle struggle was handing the ball off to Elliot every time, that was fixed after week 6 which is why Ryle was able to beat SK and beat the Birdies the second time around...However SK was still trying to piece together a struggling O-Line and figure out what their strength is and that's now been figured out to be their Defense while all season long they thought it was their Offense...:thumb:

Any team would play good when they just played 2 teams that shouldn't be in the playoffs!

 

That's what happens when you SWEEP the district and become the #1 seed. Next argument?

 

Ryle's pass defense will look like clowns when Lawrence and Winkler get done with them!

 

Kremer is a better THROWING Q and has better WR's. Ryle did just fine controlling them.

 

 

All you Jive Turkeys drinking Hatorade, PM your address and I'll send you Raider Emblems to put on your vehicles after Ryle beats SK AGAIN!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.