Can ANYBODY give Trinity a scare in the 6A playoffs?

mcpapa

Male beat Ballard lost in the final 18 seconds to X. Male is playing very well right now, they would match up with the Rocks. But Fern Creek is a team with the three D-1 players and if I was a coach I'd hate to play them in the playoffs, witht that being said I'll say Male and FC would give the Rocks a very good game.

Both teams have very good defenses and great team speed. The QB for Male is very steady and has a good arm, if FC could throw it better, look out! Male has a very good kicking game with a very nice kicker coming in next year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male beat Ballard lost in the final 18 seconds to X. Male is playing very well right now, they would match up with the Rocks. But Fern Creek is a team with the three D-1 players and if I was a coach I'd hate to play them in the playoffs, witht that being said I'll say Male and FC would give the Rocks a very good game.

Both teams have very good defenses and great team speed. The QB for Male is very steady and has a good arm, if FC could throw it better, look out! Male has a very good kicking game with a very nice kicker coming in next year.

I'm sorry AL BUT Male is playing in the worst 6A district in the state this year. Fern Creek is bad, it's that simple. They've only won 3 games, their one "good" win is against Meade County and they have been blown out by Manual (likely 3 seed), Eastern (3 seed) and Collins (4A). Southern is abysmal. Male had better have a bunch coming next year because their district competition takes a significant jump.

AT, I agree with some of your comments, but the playoffs are a different season. Fern Creek was down one at the start of the forth and like I said in another post a passing game will really help them.

Male JVs lost one game St. X and play Manual on Monday, I'll try and go and give a report.

Freshmen has 70 players and there have some very nice kids.

8th grade team lost two and averages over 30 points a game. So its not completely with out faith we go into next year with some hope.

T defense still has some work to do. The better coaching staffs have exposed some holes. Ballard and X and Male all have a chance if the planets line up and Trinity has an injury or two. However, if these playoffs took place 10 times, I think T wins it all in 9 of 'em.

The simple answer is yes. It's all about match-ups. There were a number of passes by Ballard against Trinity that were within inches of going for six. Can they close those few inches in a rematch? X wasn't able to get any pressure on Wright during the game. If they can get some pressure does it make a big difference? X had a lot of trouble throwing the ball. They have a new quarterback since then. How much difference does that make? There are also emotional factors. Trinity has a lot of young kids playing. They can't start to believe the kind of stuff in this thread. Surely Trinity is the favorite, but a lock? No way.