Can ANYBODY give Trinity a scare in the 6A playoffs?

mcpapa

I think Trinity can be beat Bowling Green almost did it.

Right, but T played that game with their third-string QB as I recall. Take away just about any team's first two QBs on the depth chart and the drop-off will be significant.

I think that's the only way (really bad luck/injury) the Rocks won't steamroll through the playoffs this year. And I don't wish that on anyone - even the New York Yankees. And that's saying something.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, but T played that game with their third-string QB as I recall. Take away just about any team's first two QBs on the depth chart and the drop-off will be significant.

I think that's the only way (really bad luck/injury) the Rocks won't steamroll through the playoffs this year. And I don't wish that on anyone - even the New York Yankees. And that's saying something.

I was glad the Rangers beat the yankees just goes to show you upsets do happen.

I was glad the Rangers beat the yankees just goes to show you upsets do happen.

Not to get off topic, but I am not so sure that was an upset. The Yankees were the wild card and everyone knew their pitching was suspect.

But back to the topic, it looks like Trinity has no challenger but then things like this happen - Highlands 27 Covington Catholic 20. What is the weakest part of Trinity's team? Then look for a team that matches up well with that weakness and you may have an upset opportunity. Or look at Trinity's greatest strength and is there a team that matches up well enough to take that away.

Simply........no. Too much depth from top to bottom. Each of the 6A schools here in NKY plays their best players both ways and T has the depth to rest their guys. Some elite teams may hang with them for a half or so but mid 3rd the wheels will come off.

SK plays maybe 4 players both ways sometimes.

Saw Winkler, Rabe, Baldwin, Lockard, Powell, Wetter, Swanson....lots of Pioneers played both ways in the blowout Friday.

That was the first time I ever seen Winkler play on defense and the others only play a few plays both ways.

It looks like, when healthy, Trinity is something like four or five touchdowns better than the competition.

42-7 over Manual

48-0 over St. Xavier

63-14 over Seneca

49-0 over Eastern

56-21 over Ballard

Is there anyone out there that presents a matchup problem for the Rocks?

No.Only T beats T this year in 6A. Not even SK :lol:

Actually it was their #4 QB but who's counting?:D 1 was sick, 2 & 3 were both injured. #4 hadn't taken snaps as QB since 7 on 7 in the summer. He is also a WR.

Trinity is very, very young. Probably the youngest team since 1953. While they are probably the best team in the state, you never know how very young kids are going to react/play in a one and done environment. They haven't been challenged by any 6A team this year, so they may not know how to handle adversity in the playoffs in the event that occurs.

Trinity is very, very young. Probably the youngest team since 1953. While they are probably the best team in the state, you never know how very young kids are going to react/play in a one and done environment. They haven't been challenged by any 6A team this year, so they may not know how to handle adversity in the playoffs in the event that occurs.

CR

VEry good analysis. They may be "scary good" -- but also have that youth thing going on as well. So far it has been no problem. Just hope that continues for the weeks to come -- until they can attain that Junior year maturity.:thumb: