Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 42 Russell 30

Featured Replies

  • Author
It's a great day to be a RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

The Rams stepped up and......

 

MADE IT HAPPEN

 

RAM PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Rams and Ram-fans! great win.

  • Author

It's official, I hear the Fire Trucks!!!! :lol::ylsuper::taz::taz::taz:

  • Author
Congrats to the Rams. Froze my toes off.

 

I hear the stripers are on at Cumberland, that should warm things up should you get the chance to go.

Maybe we should move up to 3A!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Greatest fan
spelling.

I hear the stripers are on at Cumberland, that should warm things up should you get the chance to go.

Had to be an upgrade from tonight. Poor choice in tennis shoes. Good crowd tonight. Hot chocolate made a bundle. Lots of kids on the turf tonight. Not sure if any of the injuries were serious, but seemed like lots of kids laying there. It wasn't from big shots either cause there wasn't an abundance of those, and I'll leave it at that. RB from Raceland ran very hard, Litteral I believe. Impressive performance.

Maybe we should move up to 3A!!!!!!!!

Good idea if you could be the 1As in your district.

Good idea if you could be the 1As in your district.

East, West, Lewis, Mason. Why not!!!!!

Congratulations to Raceland. Ugly football game in my opinion. Kids don't wrap anymore. Drives me nuts. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. They'll need it.

This was a good game. It was very evenly matched throughout. If these teams played 10 times, they'd probably win 5 each. Ok Ram fans, maybe Raceland would win 6. :-) The deciding factor in tonight's game? Of all things, Russell had no answer for Raceland's running game. Michael Litteral was undoubtedly the star of the game. He got a lot of those yards on his own with superb effort. I hope he's OK as he went off in the 4th quarter with what appeared to be a leg injury.

 

For the most part, Raceland had no answer for Russell's offense either. They gave up several big plays on the ground and even a couple to Googie Hayes through the air. However, they toughened up when they had to, though, and stopped Russell at a few critical moments to win the game.

 

Both teams have a lot of young players so this should continue to be a good rivalry for the next few years. Russell really needs to improve their strength and conditioning. Whatever in the world is causing Russell's players to drop like flies needs to be addressed. They already went into this game without 2-way starters Justin Davidson, Luke Bailey, and Troy Huffine. They lost 3 or 4 other starters during the course of this game and that was a huge factor. I think they need to do something about that if they want to return to having a top-notch football program.

 

I agree with SpinDoc and LoyalDevil that Russell's tackling was utterly atrocious, but I give them a little bit of a pass because there were so many young players playing. Whatever the case, though, Raceland's domination of Russell in football continues for another year. Who would have thought we'd be saying that when the 2 teams renewed this rivalry a few years ago?

Congratulations to Raceland. Ugly football game in my opinion. Kids don't wrap anymore. Drives me nuts. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. They'll need it.

 

I hope both teams do well in the playoffs. Raceland should be happy they are in the 1A district they're in this season. They go on the road but they play much easier teams. Russell plays at home but gets either Sheldon Clark, Belfry, or Pike County Central since they all ended up in a 3-way tie in their district. That's gonna be tough.

Strategically speaking, I must say I strongly disagreed with Russell's decision to punt while trailing 34-30 on 4th and 4 from their own 30 yard line with about 3 minutes left. The defense had been pretty bad all night so I really didn't have faith in them to be able to keep Raceland from getting a first down or two. They didn't. In fact, they game up a touchdown instead.

Congrats to Raceland on a big win!

Lost one of our starting running backs in mid week with a shoulder injury. Now we lose our other starting back during this game!! Now what??

#16 Marcus Reed played his best game of the year on offense. Took over in the backfield nicely late in the game!!

I feel if we had played this hard all year we might have only lost two games. It looked like the RAMS finally came out in the second half of this game wanting to win!!

Looked like we were RAM tough tonight!!!

Seemed like four or five Devil players went down tonight. Hope all will be ok! I hear #34 ML may have hurt his knee really bad!! Hopefully it's not as bad as everyone thinks!!!

  • Author

I am watching the delayed broadcast of this one on t.v. now. Although there were alot of arm tackling, poor defense from both teams I have to say that Raceland's run defense did show some signs of life tonight.

I also agree with an earlier poster on the gane that Marcus Reed had. Both teams are extremely young and have shown that all season. With the youth on both teams I believe by the time this one was over it was past players on both teams bedtime :eek::D.

Raceland and Russell should both be very strong again in a couple of years and this series is now and should be a very competitive one for years in the future.

 

This was a great game to watch. Kudos to the Ohio University southern campus for broadcasting this one :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.