Raceland 42 Russell 30

oldrambler

Again, I hope that someone can update us on Litteral's (Rams rb) condition. That injury did not look good with the way he came off the field, could not put weight on the one leg at all.

Young Mr. Litteral, you had one heckuva game tonight. Prayers are with you and just remember.........you are Ram Tough :thumb:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win for the Rams. Both teams played hard till the end . I was not sure if i would be able to make it to the game , after the post i read about the line play and defense I am glad that I could come. Anytime that a team puts up those kinds of numbers on offense you have obviously blocked well and the defense rose to the occasion I am certain that folks are feeling a lot better about the way they performed. There were several players for left the game due to injuries most of which returned to play or appeared to be moving around okay on the sidelines except for Mr. Litteral please post any word on his condition as soon as possible. Great game to watch and good luck to both schools in the playoffs.

From a fans perspective, it was a great game. Both teams played evenly, and both had some errors. But, all in all a good game. Russell played hard, and will do good in the playoffs. Good luck to them, I hope they win them all. Cooper had a great game, and is a very good athlete, I was impressed.

Raceland finally put a whole game together, finally played a first quarter. No fumbles, no interceptions, only about three or four penalties. And, what about that emotion? Raceland players finally showed some emotion and seemed to be fired up to play. It's amazing what showing a little desire will do, it becomes contagious. Great to finally see that. I have to agree with someone else who said Raceland might have only lost two games if they had played the way they did last night. It took a while, but I think some maturation took to place.

Micheal Litteral had a great game, just a great effort. Marcus Reed really came a live, and was great. Daliyn Beech had the best game on defense, of his young career, I'm not sure, but probably around 8 or 10 tackles. Scotty Craft had a key interception in the fourth quarter, way for him to step up. The OL, Doug Abrams, Brian Caudill, Austin Johnson, Devin Thomas, Monty Harris, Justin Evans, and Logan Caudwell; did a good job, glad to see them step up. Still some room for improvement, but defiantly going in the right direction.

Again, good luck to Russell in the playoffs, hope they do well.

Some quick game stats...

Raceland 6 8 6 22 - 42

Russell 14 0 14 2 - 30

RA - CRAFT 14 YARD PASS FROM FARLEY (9:46 1ST) KICK FAILED 6-0

RU - KORZEP 49 YARD RUN (8:04 1ST) KICK GOOD 7-6

RU - DEHOFF 4 YARD RUN (5:04 1ST) KICK GOOD 14-6

RA - LITTERAL 19 YARD RUN (8:08 2ND) FARLEY TO LITTERAL 14-14

RU - HAYES 19 YARD PASS FROM COOPER (7:21 3RD) KICK GOOD 21-14

RA - LITTERAL 13 YARD RUN (6:32 3RD) RUN FAILED 21-20

RU - THOMPSON 3 YARD RUN (2:15 3RD) KICK GOOD 28-20

RA - REED 10 YARD RUN (11:51 4TH) PASS FAILED 28-26

RA - FARLEY 6 YARD RUN (8:38 4TH) CRAFT PASS FROM REED FROM FARLEY 34-28

RU - SAFETY(5:19 4TH) CRAFT RECOVERED FUMBLE IN END ZONE 34-30

RA - REED 51 YARD RUN (0:55 4TH) FARLEY TO NETHERCUTT 42-30

RACELAND RUSHING: 42-396 5 TD'S

LITTERAL 19-215 2 TD'S

REED 9-124 2 TD'S

FARLEY 14-55 1 TD

RACELAND PASSING / RECEIVING

FARLEY 14-25 160 YARDS 1 TD

CRAFT 7-71

LITTERAL 3-41

NETHERCUTT 2-40

BLANKENSHIP 1-10

REED 1 (-2)

556 TOTAL YARDS OFFENSE

CRAFT 1 INT. (+5)

CALDWELL 1 FUMBLE RECOVERY

From a fans perspective, it was a great game. Both teams played evenly, and both had some errors. But, all in all a good game. Russell played hard, and will do good in the playoffs. Good luck to them, I hope they win them all. Cooper had a great game, and is a very good athlete, I was impressed.

Raceland finally put a whole game together, finally played a first quarter. No fumbles, no interceptions, only about three or four penalties. And, what about that emotion? Raceland players finally showed some emotion and seemed to be fired up to play. It's amazing what showing a little desire will do, it becomes contagious. Great to finally see that. I have to agree with someone else who said Raceland might have only lost two games if they had played the way they did last night. It took a while, but I think some maturation took to place.

Micheal Litteral had a great game, just a great effort. Marcus Reed really came a live, and was great. Daliyn Beech had the best game on defense, of his young career, I'm not sure, but probably around 8 or 10 tackles. Scotty Craft had a key interception in the fourth quarter, way for him to step up. The OL, Doug Abrams, Brian Caudill, Austin Johnson, Devin Thomas, Monty Harris, Justin Evans, and Logan Caudwell; did a good job, glad to see them step up. Still some room for improvement, but defiantly going in the right direction.

Nice post Ram, I got to watch this one late last night and I agree with everything that you said. I was even yelling "hit somebody", "gut check (inserted rather than actual wording:D), more than a few "yessssssirrrr's" and the other couple you would recognize but I can't even filter it enough for print here :sssh:.

Raceland's "Lil Brother" label in this series stepped up and stood up to the "big brother" last night. This team played Raceland Ram Football and gauranteed another winning season at Raceland! :thumb:

Hopefully this should give this team a huge boost heading into the playoffs. We will have time to heal up some bumps,bruise's and cuts with the extra week before the "2nd season".

Again, prayers and well wishes going up from the Ramblers household and someone please udate us when possible.

Good luck to Russell heading into your playoffs, the Red Devils are like Raceland in that they have a very young team, the future looks bright for both teams.

Should be good things ahead coming from this young line. Three sophs. and a jr. start!! Then you have a big freshman line coming up!! Looking good...

Nice post Ram, I got to watch this one late last night and I agree with everything that you said. I was even yelling "hit somebody", "gut check (inserted rather than actual wording:D), more than a few "yessssssirrrr's" and the other couple you would recognize but I can't even filter it enough for print here :sssh:.

The funny thing is, while watching the fourth quarter, I kept thinking, "You got to want it, gentlemen". I miss the two of you all at the games, but I still hear you all. That's the Ram Legacy, not there but still there. ONCE a Ram, ALWAYS a Ram.

Should be good things ahead coming from this young line. Three sophs. and a jr. start!! Then you have a big freshman line coming up!! Looking good...

Exactly, we should be pretty deep at the OL/DL next year with some real players. And any coach will tell you that makes them smile. Great things to come, stay tuned.

Originally Posted by Ram viewpost-right.png

"And, what about that emotion? Raceland players finally showed some emotion and seemed to be fired up to play. It's amazing what showing a little desire will do, it becomes contagious. Great to finally see that."

I think Coach Maynard's pregame speech might have had something to do with that...