Who Said It? Featuring Carson Palmer Fans

1)

From and un bias point of view, and just from the point of view of a football fan in general.

Carson Palmer has been good, is good, and will be good. People have a very short memory if they cannot remember how Carson was perceived around the NFL community before his knee injury. Palmer is very effective when he has people to throw the ball too. Its hard when you have Ocho being double teamed, and Caldwell as your second or third option. You should see Palmer return to top 5-10 form this season with adequate receivers to throw the ball to. You cannot lose a TJ, and a Henry then replace with Laverneous Coles and Andre Caldwell and match your prior success, especially a couple years off serious injury.

2) .

....However what I have argued all along, is if he is given the same opportunties like these other top QB's then we will see him being one of the top QB's again. He has that around him this year, so if I am wrong and he still is just average. Then I will eat all the crow that you all want to give.

....if you look at the numbers and just everything a whole. Then its not that hard to see that Palmer is still a good QB, and no need for a new QB. You would think this city would know better than most how hard it is to find a QB you can win with.

In 2006 he did everything he could to get them to the playoffs. He put them in positions to get it done, and then special teams decides it forgets how to make field goals. 2007 Rudi becomes washed up, Chris Henry suspended 8 games, and Palmer still puts up great numbers, but defense sucked! So good call on Palmer being the missing ingredient. Its funny how you all choose to ignore things like this.

3)

I overrate him now? I rated him the 13th best QB in the NFL.

4)

Hey that's cool, but one more thing....Matt Ryan? What has he done? I think Palmer is probably right around 10th or so which isn't great, but not bad either. I'd for sure rather have him than some young guys you mentioned.

And the guy that doesn't have to eat any crow for dinner is the man that said this:

I project Carson Palmer will never win a playoff game ever. He has had all-pro receivers Chad and TJ. He has had the coach of the year in Marvin, and good running backs (at times) in Benson and Rudi Johnson. What is the missing ingredient? #9.

Carson fans need to wake up and realize he has been a disappointment to this point in his career.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Palmer fan. :D

In all seriousness though, he hasn't been the same guy since the elbow injury. He should have gotten the Tommy John. Whether or not that has anything to do directly with his fall from grace is beyond me, but since that happened, or even since he hurt his knee against the Steelers he hasn't been the same. In 2005 he led the league in TD passes and completion percentage. He also had a QB ranking over 100 nine straight games that year. One could say he was the best QB in football that season, and one could also say that was the height of the Brady and Manning era's, although both have had plenty of success since.

I stand by my notion that Palmer was once one of the best QB's in this league, top 5. I keep thinking he will return to that same form, but so far it hasn't happened.

I may have said #3, and I don't feel I'm that far off....Lots of bad QBs in the league right now.

You guys are unbelievable. Let me know of any of these quarterbacks that you wouldn't want instead of Palmer.

My Palmer-less list:

1a) Drew Brees

1b) Peyton Manning

3) Tom Brady

4) Aaron Rogers

5) Ben Roethlisberger

6) Philip Rivers

7) Brett Favre

8) Tony Romo

9) Matt Schaub

10) Joe Flacco

11) Eli Manning

12) Matt Ryan

13) Donovan McNabb

14) Michael Vick

15) Kevin Kolb

16) Jay Cutler

17) Kyle Orton

18) Mark Sanchez

19) Vince Young

20) Sam Bradford

21) Matthew Stafford

22) Josh Freeman

23) Chad Henne

I'm sticking him in at #21 right behind Sam Bradford. If you think Carson is playing better football than McNabb, Vick, Kolb, Cutler, Orton, Vince (when healthy), Orton, Sanchez, and Bradford, you're crazy. He has 7 TDs to his 6 interceptions. Not to mention he looks like my grandpa in the pocket. ZERO mobility, ZERO confidence to ever step up in the pocket, leading to poor, inaccurate throws that put his receivers, and his team, in bad positions. You can make a case for Carson being in the teens somewhere but then you have to look at the quarterbacks behind him and realize that a middle of the pack QB in this league isn't going to cut it. There's not a chance either one of you could convince me that he's better than any of my top 18.

You guys are unbelievable. Let me know of any of these quarterbacks that you wouldn't want instead of Palmer.

My Palmer-less list:

1a) Drew Brees

1b) Peyton Manning

3) Tom Brady

4) Aaron Rogers

5) Ben Roethlisberger

6) Philip Rivers

7) Brett Favre

8) Tony Romo

9) Matt Schaub

10) Joe Flacco

11) Eli Manning

12) Matt Ryan

13) Donovan McNabb

14) Michael Vick

15) Kevin Kolb

16) Jay Cutler

17) Kyle Orton

18) Mark Sanchez

19) Vince Young

20) Sam Bradford

21) Matthew Stafford

22) Josh Freeman

23) Chad Henne

I'm sticking him in at #21 right behind Sam Bradford. If you think Carson is playing better football than McNabb, Vick, Kolb, Cutler, Orton, Vince (when healthy), Orton, Sanchez, and Bradford, you're crazy. He has 7 TDs to his 6 interceptions. Not to mention he looks like my grandpa in the pocket. ZERO mobility, ZERO confidence to ever step up in the pocket, leading to poor, inaccurate throws that put his receivers, and his team, in bad positions. You can make a case for Carson being in the teens somewhere but then you have to look at the quarterbacks behind him and realize that a middle of the pack QB in this league isn't going to cut it. There's not a chance either one of you could convince me that he's better than any of my top 18.

I'd take him over McNabb, Kolb, Cutler, Sanchez, and Bradford.

There's not a chance you could convince me any of those are better than him. Heck, you're crazy if you actually think that.

My Palmer-less list:

5) Ben Roethlisberger

7) Brett Favre

8) Tony Romo

9) Matt Schaub

10) Joe Flacco

11) Eli Manning

14) Michael Vick

15) Kevin Kolb

17) Kyle Orton

18) Mark Sanchez

19) Vince Young

20) Sam Bradford

21) Matthew Stafford

22) Josh Freeman

23) Chad Henne

I think that I would take Palmer over the QB's listed above. There are a few that are probably better than Palmer, but at this point I'm not willing to tolerate the transition period in between QB's.

Big Ben is a better QB, but it's hard for me to want you on my team when you get suspended. Favre is done after this year and, quite frankly, I think he was done after last season.

Mark Sanchez & Sam Bradford may very well end up better than Palmer, but I'd take #9 for this season over both of them.

Schaub, Flacco & Manning should probably be taken off of my list.

I'd take him over McNabb, Kolb, Cutler, Sanchez, and Bradford.

There's not a chance you could convince me any of those are better than him. Heck, you're crazy if you actually think that.

Take off the orange shades :cool: There's no way any NFL analyst would agree with you. Kolb is clearly a better quarterback than Palmer, McNabb is a winner (except in the Superbowl), Cutler shows signs of brilliance at times, Sanchez and Bradford are young but are still playing better football than Carson Palmer right now.

I think that I would take Palmer over the QB's listed above. There are a few that are probably better than Palmer, but at this point I'm not willing to tolerate the transition period in between QB's.

Big Ben is a better QB, but it's hard for me to want you on my team when you get suspended. Favre is done after this year and, quite frankly, I think he was done after last season.

Mark Sanchez & Sam Bradford may very well end up better than Palmer, but I'd take #9 for this season over both of them.

Schaub, Flacco & Manning should probably be taken off of my list.

:lol: I mean I thought I was bias towards the Bengals. You are seriously unbelievably blind if you think Palmer is a top 5 quarterback. If top 5 of anything, he's in the top 5 worst category. Not the best.

:lol: I mean I thought I was bias towards the Bengals. You are seriously unbelievably blind if you think Palmer is a top 5 quarterback. If top 5 of anything, he's in the top 5 worst category. Not the best.

I deleted half of your list & quoted the players I would take Palmer over. Take another look.

Geez, the day at school was so stressful today, I guess I hacked into BlueMagic's account and started another Carson bashing thread................

Of the QB's listed above I would only take Plamer over Chad Henne and I would have concerns about that going forward. I think Stafford, Kolb, Bradford, Freeman and even Vince Young have showed me enough to pick them above CP.

As for the thread, I'll say that a bunch of that was probably my buddy Futurecoach. I can see why Bengals fans said that kind of stuff though, biased and opptomistic glasses are always better to look through than pessimistic.

Take off the orange shades :cool: There's no way any NFL analyst would agree with you. Kolb is clearly a better quarterback than Palmer, McNabb is a winner (except in the Superbowl), Cutler shows signs of brilliance at times, Sanchez and Bradford are young but are still playing better football than Carson Palmer right now.

Orange shades? You have no clue.

Cutler is average at best when he's not drunk, which isn't very often. McNabb has been dreadful this season, Kolb has made all of 3 starts, sorry not enough of a sample. Sanchez and Bradford are both very average QBs right now.

It's really quite simple, you've got a group of 5-6 QBs that are above everyone else, then you've got a 2nd-tier group of 6-7 guys that are slightly below that 1st group, then you've got a group of 10-12 QBs that are interchangable, middle of the road average QBs. Then you've got your Matt Moore and Jake Delhomme's of the world at the bottom. Palmer falls in the middle of the road group.

Orange shades? You have no clue.

Cutler is average at best when he's not drunk, which isn't very often. McNabb has been dreadful this season, Kolb has made all of 3 starts, sorry not enough of a sample. Sanchez and Bradford are both very average QBs right now.

It's really quite simple, you've got a group of 5-6 QBs that are above everyone else, then you've got a 2nd-tier group of 6-7 guys that are slightly below that 1st group, then you've got a group of 10-12 QBs that are interchangable, middle of the road average QBs. Then you've got your Matt Moore and Jake Delhomme's of the world at the bottom. Palmer falls in the middle of the road group.

You haven't been impressed with Bradford this year? I know he has some picks, but all rookies do. I think he looks like a future star, maybe that's just me though.