Lamar Dawson to play in the US All-American game

charlesw88

Did not Collinsworth from Highlands play or was it a invite?

Collinsworth went but was injured and didn't play. I poked around on the game's website and found these Kentucky players on their alumni list:

2010: Austin Collinsworth, DB, Highlands

2009: Justin Green, CB, Male

2008: Brandon Newman, DT, PRP

2006: Micah Johnson, LB, Fort Campbell

2005: Earl Heyman, DE, Ballard

2005: James McKinney, DE, Central

2004: Brian Brohm, QB, Trinity

2002: Jake Carney, DB, Lexington Catholic

2002: Rob Smith, OT, Highlands

2001: Brent Grover, DE, Highlands

The US Army All-American game started in 2001, I believe, so that is the whole list. Averages out to one a year. Not too bad.

That's correct. It's a little confusing because the first game was in Dec. 2000 instead of Jan. 2001. One a year for a state our size is pretty good.

On another note about this annual game (please don't ban me for mentioning it), There is an Army All-American Band that plays at the event. My children's High School (Bassett High in Bassett, VA) has been honored to place 4 students in that band in the last 3 years. Just had to put a plug in there for them. :thumb:

Now all my Boyle friends (Rebel, Purple, Charles, et al) can dig and roast me for the above post. :lol:

Congrats Lamar!

On another note about this annual game (please don't ban me for mentioning it), There is an Army All-American Band that plays at the event. My children's High School (Bassett High in Bassett, VA) has been honored to place 4 students in that band in the last 3 years. Just had to put a plug in there for them. :thumb:

Now all my Boyle friends (Rebel, Purple, Charles, et al) can dig and roast me for the above post. :lol:

:sssh: Hatz I heard you play a mean kazoo.