Lawrence County vs. Rowan County predictions

Vikings1980

Who triumphs in this one?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who triumphs in this one?

• Lawrence County
    • Rowan County

This should be a classic! GC took Rowan Co to the wire. Sounds like Law. Co beat up on GC a little. I don't know the weakness of Rowan. If RC is good up front on both sides of the ball. Then maybe they can play with LCHS. If you take the scores of all these games. LC should win. But GC has seen and played both. And RP says Rowan Co will get the win!! I was thinking different till I seen his pic. Now I don't know. Think I'll wait till I hear what some others have to say before making a pic.

I'm interested in how and why LC lost their one game to a not so good team a few weeks ago! That may shed some light on this game.

I don`t think Rowan County is good enough on defense to win. If Greenup County rushed for 500 yards Lawrence County may get 700. Rowan County better score plenty and are capable of scoring a bunch i think they will need every point that they can muster. Lawrence County is solid on defense that will be the difference maker.

Both teams have waited all off season for this game. Rowan is playing for their 1st ever District Championship and Lawrence is playing for back to back District Championships. Should be a heck of a matchup. I expect both teams to be bringing Fri night! Rowan is very talented across the board on offense!

Both teams have waited all off season for this game. Rowan is playing for their 1st ever District Championship and Lawrence is playing for back to back District Championships. Should be a heck of a matchup. I expect both teams to be bringing Fri night! Rowan is very talented across the board on offense!

This will be a very good game. I think that LC will win this one 28 to 14.

I don`t think Rowan County is good enough on defense to win. If Greenup County rushed for 500 yards Lawrence County may get 700. Rowan County better score plenty and are capable of scoring a bunch i think they will need every point that they can muster. Lawrence County is solid on defense that will be the difference maker.

a68 I think you hit on something really big here!!

Giving up over 500 yards rushing to GC in a game doesn't look good for RC. LCHS really loves to get physical and run it down your throat! But RC did give up all those yards and still won it! Played football ten years and have been watching and coaching (JFL) for another 37+ years. Never seen anything like that happen! Maybe Rowan has a lot of luck on it's side..

I am hopeful that Rowan Co can win this one at home. Rowan Co's offense will have to be on top of it's game and defense also. Lawrence Co is a very good team, so it should be a good game. I"m pulling obviously for Rowan Co to pull an upset on this one.

This should be a classic! GC took Rowan Co to the wire. Sounds like Law. Co beat up on GC a little. I don't know the weakness of Rowan. If RC is good up front on both sides of the ball. Then maybe they can play with LCHS. If you take the scores of all these games. LC should win. But GC has seen and played both. And RP says Rowan Co will get the win!! I was thinking different till I seen his pic. Now I don't know. Think I'll wait till I hear what some others have to say before making a pic.

I'm interested in how and why LC lost their one game to a not so good team a few weeks ago! That may shed some light on this game.

LC had multiple chances to beat Sheldon Clark but didn't finish and made mistakes. I tip my hat to Sheldon Clark. For the 2nd year in a row it was one of the most physical high school games I've seen. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sheldon Clark is a team that can win it all in 3A IMO. Reminds me of my Jr year we had a bad record but were 3pts from playing on the carpet. SC beat Johsnon Central around like we beat SC around but just like us they lost that game in a heartbreaker. They've played an outstanding schedule. I'm really interested to see what happens with the Belfry game this Fri.

As for the LC/Rowan game it should be a dandy. Both teams have waited a year for this. Rowan is VERY skilled across the board on offense and well coached. Both teams are playing with confidence. Should be a lot of fun!

The only game Lawrence County has lost was to a very good Sheldon Clark team. Sheldon Clark has had some injuries and has played a brutal schedule but is still one of the best teams in all of AAA. I will be shocked if this game is closer than 2 scores. Lawrence County is a better team from what I have seen. Rowan County has the ability to score from any where on the field and that will help keep them in the gam I think, but the Bulldogs will be to much in the end and will walk away with this one. Good luck to both teams (even though I am pulling for the DAWGS!!!)

Lawrence County: 37

Rowan County: 17