Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Metcalfe 52 Murray 6

Featured Replies

Final.

 

A little suprised by the margin.. I thought Murray would be able to score a little more than they did. Biggest mystery is why Metcalfe attempted an onside kick when up by 39 points in the 4th quarter to take it down and score again?

 

Metcalfe heads to Mayfield next weekend to set up a rematch of the regional final 2 seasons ago.

If they indeed did this, that's totally classless, imo...Murrays defense is pretty weak this year, but, i thought they would score a little more myself...Sounds like MC has a pretty good D..We'll see what there all about next week..Should be a good one..

that doesn't sound like Coach Harbison at all.

  • Author
If they indeed did this, that's totally classless, imo...Murrays defense is pretty weak this year, but, i thought they would score a little more myself...Sounds like MC has a pretty good D..We'll see what there all about next week..Should be a good one..
I was not at the game, I was just listening on the radio; from the prespectives of the announcers it was with full intent of getting the ball back. I am holding out hope it was just a severly muffed kick. They also said, after they scored, it appeared they were going to try it again but kicked it deep. As I said, this is all from the radio announcers, not a first hand account.
I was not at the game, I was just listening on the radio; from the prespectives of the announcers it was with full intent of getting the ball back. I am holding out hope it was just a severly muffed kick. They also said, after they scored, it appeared they were going to try it again but kicked it deep. As I said, this is all from the radio announcers, not a first hand account.

 

I am hearing this from everybody, this should make for a fun game down in Mayfield, ;)

Mayfield will not onside kick -they will just kick some butt

Was there any bad blood from their game 2 years ago?

Mayfield will not onside kick -they will just kick some butt

 

Lol, Mayfield would never do such a thing, we could have scored on Crittenden again but we took a knee and ended the game, guess Metcalfe is trying to send us a message?

I'm not familiar with Metcalfe Co.'s program. Could someone educate me on their history, the coach, the team. Seems like a quick rise to thrash a team such as Murray.

  • Author
Was there any bad blood from their game 2 years ago?
No. Clean game.
  • Author
I'm not familiar with Metcalfe Co.'s program. Could someone educate me on their history, the coach, the team. Seems like a quick rise to thrash a team such as Murray.
Thing is, not a lot of people know a lot about them due to their geographic location.

 

A couple years ago, they had a large senior class and only loss came in the playoffs to Mayfield in the third round by 7 points. Only posted 3 wins last season, but I am guessing they return another solid senior class. Seems to me they are good defensively, such as they were two seasons ago. I would not look for speed demons all over the field, but I would expect a very solid team all around.

 

I was thinking BGP had a poster or two from Metcalfe Co?

I'm not familiar with Metcalfe Co.'s program. Could someone educate me on their history, the coach, the team. Seems like a quick rise to thrash a team such as Murray.
Metcalfe hadn't done anything until two years ago, when a good senior class went 12-0 before losing to Mayfield in the regional finals. The coach, Larry Harbison, has said in the past that the program once had trouble getting the school's best athletes to play football because the basketball program generally had more success. I'm guessing that has changed after the success of 2003.

 

Metcalfe, from what I'm told, isn't a real senior-dominated team. I think this year's team was supposed to be a year away from having a chance to make this sort of run.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.