Bowling Green 33 Paducah Tilghman 7

PurpleHaze

BGHS is playing for the 3A Region One title next week for the first time since 2001!! Junior HB Avery Hibbitt runs for scores of 61 yards and one yard, the second score puts him right at 200 points on the season. If I understood the broadcast crew right, Hibbitt ran for over 200 yards tonight.

The shutout streak ends at seven games in a row, but BGHS basically gave it to them very early in the second quarter. The Tornado recovered a BGHS fumble at the BGHS seven, then Michael Jones took it to paydirt on the first play to give Tilghman a 7-3 lead at the time.

The majority of the fireworks came in the second quarter, with BGHS scoring four times in that quarter. Junior K Casey Tinius misfired on a PAT for only the second time this year to date, but he was two-for-two on FGs tonight!

Hats off to the Tornado...they played the Purples very tought tonight! It might have been even closer if they had their starting QB playing tonight (they had to convert their starting TE to QB for this game).

Looks like a trip to the Stadium of Champions for the Purples next week to take on the Tigers of Hopkinsville once again!! The Purples have not beaten the Tigers on the field since the Greenview Heritage Bowl at BGHS in 1997. I have a sneakin' suspicion that the Purples will be ready big time for it! ;):D

Both are great teams but I think Bowling Green wins because of the line of scrimmage. BG wins that battle and the war.

Another big plus for BG will be the kicking game especially punting.

Two of the state's leaders for next year's Mr. Football, Emanuel Taylor and Avery Hibbitt will face off in this one.

Is anyone going to come watch the Tigers play?

Hats off to the Tornado...they played the Purples very tought tonight! It might have been even closer if they had their starting QB playing tonight (they had to convert their starting TE to QB for this game).
Logan Parrott, who started at QB tonight, is actually a QB playing TE and WR. He was going to be the starter last season, but he broke his collarbone in a preseason scrimmage and missed much of the year. Parrott is actually a slightly better passer than David Jones, but he's not the running threat that Jones is.

Two of the state's leaders for next year's Mr. Football, Emanuel Taylor and Avery Hibbitt will face off in this one.
Amen. Both are very good backs. Hibbitt seems to have a little more speed and elusiveness. Taylor is a straight-ahead speed back with power.

Is anyone going to come watch the Tigers play?
According to the natives, few do ... unless they're playing Christian County.

Great game BG, good luck the rest of the season. You all have an excellent team.

Thanx, pthsfan! I know that it was a real long ride home for you...having played for BGHS myself, I was on the losing end of that long ride too! It would have been great to meet you, but Mrs PH and I weren't feeling too well and decided to stay home and listen to the game on the radio instead. However, for future reference, remember where the teams came on to the field...that's where we seat ourselves. Mrs PH has her foldaway stadium chair, and my seat has wheels...! :lol: I get there so that I can slap skin with our players as they leave and enter the field...it has become a tradition here!

If the Tornado should play here next postseason, give me a holler via PM or email...we will redouble our efforts to make it to the game and make it a point to get together with you! :D