Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 41 Grayson County 27

Featured Replies

Listened to this game on the radio. Grayson gave BG one heck of a game and was not decided until early fourth qtr when BG picked up a fumbled pitch and scored giving them the deciding margin or victory. Grayson was undefeated prior to this matchup but had played a very weak schedule. I think Grayson is for real with a senior laden club. Really thought this game would have been a blowout for the Purples.

Hopefully Grayson will be able to have a second chance at BG. Sorry to hear the Cougars lost. I really think they can win all of the remaining games, with the possible exception of Warren Central. I'm glad to hear it was a closer game than the score indicates.

That's a lot of points to put on BG.

Hopefully Grayson will be able to have a second chance at BG. Sorry to hear the Cougars lost. I really think they can win all of the remaining games, with the possible exception of Warren Central. I'm glad to hear it was a closer game than the score indicates.

 

They may not beat Warren Central, but they can certainly win it. After all, they've done so for two years. I did not like hearing this result. I make no secret about the fact that I really hate losing to Grayson County, and quite frankly this scares me.

The Purples did not look sharp tonight. Was worried about their focus coming off big game against Trinity last week and with fall break starting tomorrow. Would have liked to have had Bailey & Miller on D and Greene for whole game on offense (went out midway through 1st qtr) but don't like to pull the T card and say missing players were difference in game, because I feel outcome would have been close to the same. Just thought we missed some of the intensity those guys bring to our defense. I give credit to Grayson County for playing BG a heck of a game. The QB is a player, kicks and play defense too.

This team has a lot of senior leadership and talent and are well coached.

Hunter Gary is definitely the man at Grayson County. Defending POY in the district I believe, and looks to be heading for a repeat.

Hunter Gary is definitely the man at Grayson County. Defending POY in the district I believe, and looks to be heading for a repeat.

 

Hunter Gary is a superb all-around player...did just about everything except pop the popcorn and flip the burgers!!:lol:

 

Hunter Neveras (jr) was unstoppable last night. The latest Purples star caught scoring strikes from junior QB Scooter Hollis of 75 and 71 yards, and he also ran one in from 59 yards!:eek:Senior Tevin Anderson pounded the ground for 15 and 5 yd scores. LB Armando Music (yep, another junior) sealed the deal with his 20 yd return of a fumble.

 

I think that the final in this game was a combination of factors. BGHS was physically beat up and had 3-4 starters out from the Trinity game. Also, star junior Brandon Green was injured very early in this game. The Purples were also still down from coming sooo close to beating Trinity last week. They were dominated in the statistics, yet still had a chance to win it or tie it in regulation. Bob Beatty knows that BGHS is nobody's doormat and was jubilant with last week's victory. Believe me, we really appreciate the fact that he holds BGHS in such high regard! Also, Grayson Co, maligned schedule or no, brings it to the table and plays you hard! If they were to strengthen their schedule, they would probably be regarded as an outstanding program. They have a superb coach, and he really knows how to motivate his troops for big games.

 

Super game if you like this kind of game! Too close for our tastes, but it did give us a share of the district lead with Warren Central at 1-0, and Grayson Co falls to 1-1. The Purples have their open date next week, then come back the following week to host Doss, who won their first three games and since have dropped their last three.

 

:D

I think Grayson County continues to earn their stripes, (overall) weak schedule or not.

 

At the end of the day, either you're a good club or you're not a good club.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.