Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rowan County / Greenup County Predictions

Which team will win? 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who do you like and why in this pivotal district match up ?

I like GCHS but if GCHS misses blocking assignments like we did this last week (both backs and O-line) and we don't do better at stopping the run (because Cross is a much better back than what we faced at Coal Grove) then this one will be a tough one for us. The defense needs to play like it did in the second half the entire game and smash somebody's mouth from the first play of the game, that's what wins ball games.

 

If GCHS plays like we are capable of playing we will win out the regular season, this I have no doubt, but we have to win every battle, every night to win the war from this point out.

The entire Oline should be healthy and back together this week. Time to put the past behind us and move forward. Get Focused Musketeers!

Tough game!! When two of the best teams in the district meet. You want both to be healthy. Looks like this just might happen. That way you have no excuses!!! Well, except the losing team crying about the ref's!!!:taz: Big game for both teams. So you should see the best of both!! If you see missed blocks. It could be because the player or players on the other side could be a little stronger, faster, smarter, just better. ect. No excuses in this game!!! Win or Lose. No excuses.

The best team will win this game!!! Good luck to both!

I have a feeling that Rowan Co pulls this one out. But what do I know?:lol:

I haven't seen Rowan County play. I would have been definitively saying GC until everything that is going on in Lloyd. IF, Greenup comes out focused on the task at hand, they should win this game. I agree with purefan, put last week behind you and focus on district play. In Raceland, we call the first 5 games our pre-season (getting ready for district play). Lets face it, no matter what happens between us and Ashland, GC or any of the others, it means squat in the real season. Focus on winning the district and seeding for a couple of home play off games.

I haven't seen Rowan County play. I would have been definitively saying GC until everything that is going on in Lloyd. IF, Greenup comes out focused on the task at hand, they should win this game. I agree with purefan, put last week behind you and focus on district play. In Raceland, we call the first 5 games our pre-season (getting ready for district play). Lets face it, no matter what happens between us and Ashland, GC or any of the others, it means squat in the real season. Focus on winning the district and seeding for a couple of home play off games.

 

:thumb: Thanks sidelinedoc! I hope the Raceland Rams do the same!

I think it seems like GC may have the better team by a little bit, but Cross may be enough to be the difference. That kid is I'm going to punt the ball out of bounds, and play ball control when we are on offense good.

I haven't heared much on Rowan other than they are a pretty decent team. GCHS is at home and I am not sure but I think it is homecoming on the river (GC and Raceland). Should GC keep all the distractions out and focus then imo they win. I hope so for the Kids sake, that's who all of this is about anyway.

May both teams stay injury free.

 

GCHS 22

RCHS 14

Hump Day! Get out there and practice today like you want to play on Friday night! Then enjoy dinner tonight at Greenbo!

 

One Team

One Family

One Goal!

 

GO MUSKETEERS!

Rowan Co. 28

Greenup Co. 21

 

CA you just don't ever want GCHS to win, I don't think I have ever noticed where you picked the Muskies... lol

CA you just don't ever want GCHS to win, I don't think I have ever noticed where you picked the Muskies... lol

 

I picked them against Russell & Notre Dame, which they won both...nothing personal, just business...LOL.

I like GCHS but if GCHS misses blocking assignments like we did this last week (both backs and O-line) and we don't do better at stopping the run (because Cross is a much better back than what we faced at Coal Grove) then this one will be a tough one for us. The defense needs to play like it did in the second half the entire game and smash somebody's mouth from the first play of the game, that's what wins ball games.

 

If GCHS plays like we are capable of playing we will win out the regular season, this I have no doubt, but we have to win every battle, every night to win the war from this point out.

 

That is a big statment. I would think a group of men from Louisa might have somthing to say about that.

 

As for this game I think Grrenup Co. at home will give them a boost and I think the schedules played up to this point are comparable but in the end I think the big play ability of Rowan County will get the win.

 

I'll say:

 

Rowan County : 28

Greenup County: 21

That is a big statment. I would think a group of men from Louisa might have somthing to say about that.

 

As for this game I think Grrenup Co. at home will give them a boost and I think the schedules played up to this point are comparable but in the end I think the big play ability of Rowan County will get the win.

 

I'll say:

 

Rowan County : 28

Greenup County: 21

 

You are right and it is a big statement, of which I will stand by and say again, if we play the way we are capable we will win out, that is the key, our district is going to be a tough one, starting with tonight but if we play as we are capable, we will win out, first we have to play very well tonight, win and then we go to the next game and worry about the great team at Lawrence County when we get to them, because they are a very good team, no doubt.

I picked them against Russell & Notre Dame, which they won both...nothing personal, just business...LOL.

 

I stand corrected CA, I always enjoy your post, even if they are a little against the muskies, lol..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.