Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA District format STINKS!!!

Featured Replies

Anyone think that the KHSAA has left unseeded Districts

"out in the cold"?

Why is there not a standard, ACROSS THE BOARD, mandating either seeding or no seeding. There should not be a choice.

The power to choose to seed or not seed should not be left in the hands of each school to decide....The KHSAA should have that power...IMO.

They mandate us on all other issues...why not this one?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has become such tired and old commentary from you. It's not your wish to have seeding or not to have seeding. You would in no way be happy if all districts decided to go to the blind draw. You want seeding and you continue to want to get your way.

Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted this year. Schools should have every right to decide whats best for their future and not to continually have KHSAA mandate to them how things are going to be. The KHSAA would screw this up anyway,IMO. Look at the recent Prop. 20. 70% of their membership told them that a problem existed and yet the BOC of the KHSAA ignored what a vast majority said needed to be done. Let it go ZX3, you have beaten this horse to death. You can't have it your way all the time..

I contend that the all districts should seed based on district game results.

 

If that is not enacted then the entire region should vote whether to seed districts in that region (by results) or to have a blind draw. The reason is that having some districts in a region seed and having some use a blind draw is very unfair to the region draw.

 

If neither of the above is enacted then all districts should be a blind draw.

I contend that the all districts should seed based on district game results.

 

If that is not enacted then the entire region should vote whether to seed districts in that region (by results) or to have a blind draw. The reason is that having some districts in a region seed and having some use a blind draw is very unfair to the region draw.

 

If neither of the above is enacted then all districts should be a blind draw.

Not a bad idea..

Personally, I agree that it should be all seed or none seed. I don't really care which it is, but I feel it would be most equitable for ALL districts to be one or the other.

IMO it should all be seeded. Teams that work hard and have a great season, should not have to rely on the luck of the draw. They have earned the right to a fair shot at advancing.

IMO it should all be seeded. Teams that work hard and have a great season, should not have to rely on the luck of the draw. They have earned the right to a fair shot at advancing.

 

I agree!

It should be the same for all districts and all sports.

It should be the same for all districts and all sports.

 

 

And I agree with you! :thumb:

  • Author
This has become such tired and old commentary from you. It's not your wish to have seeding or not to have seeding. You would in no way be happy if all districts decided to go to the blind draw. You want seeding and you continue to want to get your way.

Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted this year. Schools should have every right to decide whats best for their future and not to continually have KHSAA mandate to them how things are going to be. The KHSAA would screw this up anyway,IMO.[b} Look at the recent Prop. 20. 70% of their membership told them that a problem existed and yet the BOC of the KHSAA ignored what a vast majority said needed to be done. Let it go ZX3, you have beaten this horse to death. You can't have it your way all the time..

I at least agree BIGZIG that the KHSAA would screw it up if they tried to fix this...

I do not agree that each school should have the power to choose to seed or not seed.

Reason for post is merley to see how many people think the set up is flawed and to get opinions and even suggestions??

I have been(for 3 years) and will keep trying to change this setup as I think

it is not "TRUE COMPETITION"!

  • Author
I contend that the all districts should seed based on district game results.

 

If that is not enacted then the entire region should vote whether to seed districts in that region (by results) or to have a blind draw. The reason is that having some districts in a region seed and having some use a blind draw is very unfair to the region draw.

 

If neither of the above is enacted then all districts should be a blind draw.

I'll take that, because it is at least across the board.

Still seems like a loss of the meaning of sports and competition.(if there were blind draws)

I'll take that, because it is at least across the board.

Still seems like a loss of the meaning of sports and competition.(if there were blind draws)

 

I think the current format (some districts seeding by results, some districts seeding by a vote, and some districts having a blind draw all within the same region) is by far the most unfair and just plain stupid scenario anyone could come up with.

Well regardless of how it all works out eventually ( And I can live with either seeding or blind draw) I just hope that the school that I follow shows a little more class then SOME/NOT ALL of the fans of a particular school that didn't have it go their way have shown this past year. Good luck ZX3 getting things changed. You've got a battle ahead of you.

Well regardless of how it all works out eventually ( And I can live with either seeding or blind draw) I just hope that the school that I follow shows a little more class then SOME/NOT ALL of the fans of a particular school that didn't have it go their way have shown this past year. Good luck ZX3 getting things changed. You've got a battle ahead of you.

 

 

I knew you couldnt resist that one BZ. Just because a "particular school" was upset over how the draw went, doesnt mean they lack class. I understand one particular fan did make remarks that was classless, but lets face it, all schools have one or two bad sports, including the school that you follow. They certainly do not represent the majority. In truth, almost every high school has an atmosphere of good sportsmanship and class. It is unfortunate that you choose to focus on a "bad egg" and use it as an opportunity to bash "some/NOT all" fans of that school.

 

A true sign of class is how the team, their parents, and fans handle things when they dont turn out as they had hoped, In this case, I believe the vast majority showed class and good sportsmanship.

There were a number of schools in a few districts that were not happy with the way the draw went. It is upsetting to work hard all year be ranked in the state and not get to regionals. This happened to three teams in NKY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.