Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA District format STINKS!!!

Featured Replies

I knew you couldnt resist that one BZ. Just because a "particular school" was upset over how the draw went, doesnt mean they lack class. I understand one particular fan did make remarks that was classless, but lets face it, all schools have one or two bad sports, including the school that you follow. They certainly do not represent the majority. In truth, almost every high school has an atmosphere of good sportsmanship and class. It is unfortunate that you choose to focus on a "bad egg" and use it as an opportunity to bash "some/NOT all" fans of that school.

 

A true sign of class is how the team, their parents, and fans handle things when they dont turn out as they had hoped, In this case, I believe the vast majority showed class and good sportsmanship.

 

The point of my post was in no way directed at the person who you and I have discussed in a PM recently but more so at others (coaches, support people) who have done all they could to discredit Ludlow for making the Regional up to and including your coach. He has every right to try to get things changed by going thru the KHSAA and I wish him the best but some of his backhanded comments and his being the author of an email last year sent to area coaches that took shots at Ludlow and in particular Cov. Latin suggesting that they not be included in the playoff system was way out of line. The email is a year old but maybe you could ask him to show it to you. If not maybe your AD might still have it.

Regardless you are absolutely correct, ther are far more good fans at each school then bad and I count you and your family among some of the best.

As for the situation at the regional V.B. tourney that has been handled as far as I know by the administrations of each school.

 

By the way BWoodFan, why is it that you think I'm talking about your school? I didn't name any school in my post.

Hang in there my friend. I know it has been a tough few days in Tigerland.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a number of schools in a few districts that were not happy with the way the draw went. It is upsetting to work hard all year be ranked in the state and not get to regionals. This happened to three teams in NKY.

:cry: There are lots of ranked teams throughout the state in basketball who never make it to the Sweet 16 but I doubt they complain as much as I hear some do regarding Volleyball. Some of them come from seeded districts and others come from blind draw districts and quite honestly the Sweet 16 Tournament in Ky is by far the best Championship the state of Ky has.

  • Author
The point of my post was in no way directed at the person who you and I have discussed in a PM recently but more so at others (coaches, support people) who have done all they could to discredit Ludlow for making the Regional up to and including your coach. He has every right to try to get things changed by going thru the KHSAA and I wish him the best but some of his backhanded comments and his being the author of an email last year sent to area coaches that took shots at Ludlow and in particular Cov. Latin suggesting that they not be included in the playoff system was way out of line. The email is a year old but maybe you could ask him to show it to you. If not maybe your AD might still have it.

Regardless you are absolutely correct, ther are far more good fans at each school then bad and I count you and your family among some of the best.

As for the situation at the regional V.B. tourney that has been handled as far as I know by the administrations of each school.

 

By the way BWoodFan, why is it that you think I'm talking about your school? I didn't name any school in my post.

Hang in there my friend. I know it has been a tough few days in Tigerland.

GEE WHIZ BIGZIG...Do you ever post anything non-confrontational on BGP??

I wish I could tell you a few things I overheard a Ludlow coach/support person say regarding the district draw and their opinion of the season and when it should end...but I will not stoop to your level....

I just want to know what you think of the district setup...not how you feel about Beechwood. I think you have some things you need to get over...like Beechwood?

  • Author
:cry: There are lots of ranked teams throughout the state in basketball who never make it to the Sweet 16 but I doubt they complain as much as I hear some do regarding Volleyball. Some of them come from seeded districts and others come from blind draw districts and quite honestly the Sweet 16 Tournament in Ky is by far the best Championship the state of Ky has.

Never been to the Sweet Sixteen, but I have heard it is an awesome experience. In your opinion, is there better competition in the 1st round of the Basketballl games or Volleyball games? Just wondering how level the playing field is...Is basketball divided into classes?

This is probably the closetest you will get to what should be the real state tournament.As of the October 3rd coaches poll 17 of the top 25 teams participated in the Louisville invitational tournament.

 

 

Male 2 Tates Creek 0 25-23, 25-21

Boone County 2 Conner 0 25-15, 25-18

St. Henry 2 Tates Creek 0 25-19, 25-17

Sacred Heart 2 Harding, AL 0 25-10, 25-15

Beechwood 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 18-25, 25-19, 25-15

Campbell County 2 Henry Clay 1 17-25, 25-16, 25-17

Mercy 2 Campbell County 0 25-12, 25-12

Presentation 2 Holy Cross (Covington) 0 25-13, 25-16

Ryle 2 Holy Cross (Covington) 0 25-20, 25-11

St. Henry 2 Male 0 25-10, 25-14

Sacred Heart 2 South Oldham 0 25-10, 25-13

Assumption 2 Conner 0 25-7, 25-14

Presentation 2 Ryle 1 24-26, 25-15, 25-19

Assumption 2 Boone County 0 25-12, 25-11

TBA - Holy Cross (Louisville) -

Butler 2 Bishop Brossart 0 25-8, 25-12

TBA - South Oldham -

Notre Dame 2 Butler

  • Author
This is probably the closetest you will get to what should be the real state tournament.As of the October 3rd coaches poll 17 of the top 25 teams participated in the Louisville invitational tournament.

 

 

Male 2 Tates Creek 0 25-23, 25-21

Boone County 2 Conner 0 25-15, 25-18

St. Henry 2 Tates Creek 0 25-19, 25-17

Sacred Heart 2 Harding, AL 0 25-10, 25-15

Beechwood 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 18-25, 25-19, 25-15

Campbell County 2 Henry Clay 1 17-25, 25-16, 25-17

Mercy 2 Campbell County 0 25-12, 25-12

Presentation 2 Holy Cross (Covington) 0 25-13, 25-16

Ryle 2 Holy Cross (Covington) 0 25-20, 25-11

St. Henry 2 Male 0 25-10, 25-14

Sacred Heart 2 South Oldham 0 25-10, 25-13

Assumption 2 Conner 0 25-7, 25-14

Presentation 2 Ryle 1 24-26, 25-15, 25-19

Assumption 2 Boone County 0 25-12, 25-11

TBA - Holy Cross (Louisville) -

Butler 2 Bishop Brossart 0 25-8, 25-12

TBA - South Oldham -

Notre Dame 2 Butler

:thumb: :thumb: I TOTALLY AGREE!!! This is a great Mid-season tournament to get your volleyball team in gear for "post-season play. Or so you'd think? This is where I think the blind draw becomes silly!

Coaches and AD's are trying to get their teams in the best possible tournamaments to better their team. The girls go out, travel, put up $$$,

sweat out 3-4 matches in a day, playing the BEST TEAMS in the state(not padding you Win-loss ratio by playing sub-par teams like some teams do), give it their all, and then find out they have a blind draw to determine their fate??

BOO on that!!

I also agree that this tourney is the closest we come to a "True" State

tournament. :thumb:

As a matter of fact, alot of people treat this tournaments' final standings as the "true" State tournament Championships.

Thanks to Ron Kordes for putting it on every year!!!

  • Author
I think the current format (some districts seeding by results, some districts seeding by a vote, and some districts having a blind draw all within the same region) is by far the most unfair and just plain stupid scenario anyone could come up with.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

  • Author

How about just moving it back to a 2-and-Out tournament...

That is fair, and then there are no questions on who is the best team!!

 

From what i hear, they moved it from 2-and-out to 1-and-out because there were teams(mostly teams in eastern/southern Ky) travelling very far, 2-3 times a week to play these games and the KHSAA thought it was too much.

Has anyone else heard that??

Why can't this be done in 1-2 days. Do it on the weekend if you have to....just make it FAIR!

How about just moving it back to a 2-and-Out tournament...

That is fair, and then there are no questions on who is the best team!!

 

From what i hear, they moved it from 2-and-out to 1-and-out because there were teams(mostly teams in eastern/southern Ky) travelling very far, 2-3 times a week to play these games and the KHSAA thought it was too much.

Has anyone else heard that??

Why can't this be done in 1-2 days. Do it on the weekend if you have to....just make it FAIR!

 

I would guess that CVB could enlighten us with this...but i agree that something has to be done with the current setup if you want to have a true state tournament...when you have teams coming to the tourny with 35 and 2 records and get hammered it just takes away the tourny itself.

I would guess that CVB could enlighten us with this...but i agree that something has to be done with the current setup if you want to have a true state tournament...when you have teams coming to the tourny with 35 and 2 records and get hammered it just takes away the tourny itself.

 

The thread is drifting into discussing two very different topics:

 

Topic A is should some districts be permitted to have a blind draw, while other are permitted to vote, and while others use actual results to determine seeding.

 

Topic B is if unclassified state sports are not holding a true championship by letting the winner of each different region advance to the State Championship.

GEE WHIZ BIGZIG...Do you ever post anything non-confrontational on BGP??

I wish I could tell you a few things I overheard a Ludlow coach/support person say regarding the district draw and their opinion of the season and when it should end...but I will not stoop to your level....

I just want to know what you think of the district setup...not how you feel about Beechwood. I think you have some things you need to get over...like Beechwood?

O.K already. Lets stop with the he said she said stuff. I've had enough. Go back and read some of my post and you will see that a great deal of what I post is congratulating kids for their performances on the field or in the gym.

Coaches, some parents and TRAINERS have a way of annoying me but you have wore me down. I wish you the best in getting things changed. In the long run I just want whats best for the KIDS.

Regarding the Sweet 16 and the 1st round games. You will often times see some very good games and at times some very lopsided games but the teams that are on the lopsided end of things have an experience that they will never forget and be able to tell their kids about. Are they always the best 16 teams in the state? Absolutely not but that is the beauty of the Sweet 16. That's why they call it "The Greatest Show On Earth"

  • Author
O.K already. Lets stop with the he said she said stuff. I've had enough. Go back and read some of my post and you will see that a great deal of what I post is congratulating kids for their performances on the field or in the gym.

Coaches, some parents and TRAINERS have a way of annoying me but you have wore me down. I wish you the best in getting things changed. In the long run I just want whats best for the KIDS.

Regarding the Sweet 16 and the 1st round games. You will often times see some very good games and at times some very lopsided games but the teams that are on the lopsided end of things have an experience that they will never forget and be able to tell their kids about. Are they always the best 16 teams in the state? Absolutely not but that is the beauty of the Sweet 16. That's why they call it "The Greatest Show On Earth"

BZ, thanks for the insight on Sweet 16

BZ, thanks for the insight on Sweet 16

 

No problem. Maybe we could start over. I'm willing..

  • Author
No problem. Maybe we could start over. I'm willing..

:thumb: Cool with me...

:thumb: Cool with me...

:thumb: Fair enough...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.