Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Hardin 21 Nelson County 0

Featured Replies

The homestanding Bulldogs emerge with the win in a battle of undefeated teams. Anybody got any details on this one?

Sounds like this was a good game as I expected. John Hardin seems to keep on keeping on, while Nelson County, North Hardin and Meade County seem to be on a collision course for their 6A district title.

Sounds like this was a good game as I expected. John Hardin seems to keep on keeping on, while Nelson County, North Hardin and Meade County seem to be on a collision course for their 6A district title.

 

Did you forget Greenwood? It's OK, somehow people always forget the only team that has ever won that district.

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?053+article+Sports+20100918042808053053028

 

Here's the link to the local paper giving a recap of the game. John is starting to put some things together. QB Mitchell played his best game of the year thus far and is starting to gain some confidence and making some good throws. The defense (especially the line) is really coming on strong. John really has to stop getting so many unsportsmanlike and unnecessary roughness penalties. That could come back to bite them in the playoffs.

Great win for JH. NC is much improved from a few years ago the new coach must be doing a realyy good job.

A good game between two good teams. Both defenses played hard and physical. John was hurt in the first half with some holding calls that nullified some nice gains. They also had a sure TD pass dropped at the 5 yd. line be a wide open receiver. The big difference in the game was John's ability to throw the ball while Nelson struggled with their passing. Nelson having one of their HBs out of the lineup tonight also hurt them some. #4 for Nelson is the best punter/kicker that I have seen this year. He can really change field position in a hurry. I do think Nelson has a good chance to win their district. I look for the Nelson, Meade and Greenwood to be all battling it out for the district championship. Good luck to the Cardinals and Bulldogs.

John Hardin is a very good team. Their defense is impressive. Its like they play with 11 linebackers. Aggressive, fast, head hunters. I like to watch good defense. NC could never get anything going on Offense.

It was a completely dominating performance by the JH Bulldogs. They had over 100+ yards in penalties. They potentially should have put up 42. Nelson was never any threat to score on the bulldogs defense. Nelson must pride themselves that they also stopped JH on (4) 4th down conversions, which states to me that JH had no respect for the cardinal offense. The Cardinals have some players and one of their most important was out tonight, but you have to move on. They only ran about 5 plays on offense and it didn't take long for the JH coaching staff to figure this out. It seemed to me that after the JH players got physical w/ #5 Brooks, he seemed to lay down. That has been a tag placed on him in the past. I wish both teams the best of luck for the remainder of the year!!!

It was a completely dominating performance by the JH Bulldogs. They had over 100+ yards in penalties.

 

Hard to put those 2 sentences together. How could a performance be "completely dominating" for a team that had over 100+ yards in penalties? I think penalties are an important part of a "complete" game just like turnovers, special teams, offense, defense, etc. Maybe its semantics, but I think it is a critical part of the game.

  • Author
Hard to put those 2 sentences together. How could a performance be "completely dominating" for a team that had over 100+ yards in penalties? I think penalties are an important part of a "complete" game just like turnovers, special teams, offense, defense, etc. Maybe its semantics, but I think it is a critical part of the game.

 

1991 Cotton Bowl: Miami 46, Texas 3

 

'Canes had 16 flags for 200+ yards and dominated Texas in a way few other good teams have been dominated in a high-profile bowl game. I guarantee you no other Texas team has been so intimidated before or since.

I didn't clain that the game was "Complete". I was referring to the penalties and how it could have been a lot worse for the cardinals. I had a chance to watch the film of the game and the cardinal offense looked in disarray, missing blocking assignments and kept running the same plays. JH kept them out of the endzone as the cardinal offense had put up some pretty good numbers against the past opponents. Then JH also shot themselves in the foot w/ penalties & dropped passes. Should have hung 42 on the cardinal defense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.