Henry County vs. Anderson County prediction

'ol#70

Who wins this one?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Henry County
    • Anderson County

This should be a good high school football game. Both teams are playing well. Anderson may have a slight advantage over Henry, but don't count the Wildcats out. The Cats scored 14 against South Oldham in the 4th quarter to come from behind and win. Looking forward to this one. Cats by less than a touchdown.

I think I'm right saying Anderson went through the season unbeaten last year and then lost in the first round of the playoffs making the season less meaningful. Don't know if their schedule played into that loss or not. They had no trouble blasting Henry last year, but their good QB and very good receiver have moved on. Where did that receiver end up?

I like the direction Henry's team is going over the last few years...so much better than when I was the radio voice of Henry County football many, many moons ago!... and I think they present a solid challenge to Anderson County on both sides of the ball. But I just think Anderson has too many athletes, and too many weapons.

While I agree that Anderson's schedule has been very suspect over the last few years, I think the only questionable game on the Anderson schedule this year may be Spencer County. Nothing against the Bears; I just don't know that they add a lot of value for the Bearcats. (Talk about a challenging schedule - look at Spencer! A 3A school that has two 6A, two 5A, and two 4A teams among its seven non-district games!!!!) Mercer has a very solid 5A team that beat LaRue...that was a good pick for the non-conference schedule. Garrard County is a smaller classification, but that's a longstanding next-door-neighbor rivalry. I like seeing teams keep up with traditional rivalries, regardless of what the KHSAA does in terms of classification or how successful one team is vs. the other. For example, I expect Oldham County to keep Shelby County on their schedule in future seasons, even though Shelby is now a 4A school... Henry is a smaller school, but still a solid program for Anderson to face as the Wildcats are beginning to become a perennial contender for top 10 status in 3A. I just don't see what Spencer brings to the table...they are a next-door-neighbor, but they just started football this decade; there is no history between the teams. And with two smaller schools already on the schedule, I wonder if AC just wanted a (perceived) lesser opponent in the final game before the post-season(??).

Certainly, with the Mercer County win, I think Anderson has proven more on the field to date than Henry. Henry's best win was over a much-improved South Oldham squad in Crestwood, but despite South's impressive 3-1 start, we have yet to see just how much the Dragons have really improved over the last three years (when they won just 6 games) as South Oldham hasn't hit the real meat of their schedule yet. By the end of the year, that may look like a tremendous victory for Henry, if South continues to play well, but I'm not sure we know just yet.

I'm hoping this will be a very good game; I think it's good for the "neighborhood" (roughly speaking, the area defined by the basketball 8th region, regardless of class), but I'm afraid AC has too many weapons. I look for the Bearcats to pull away in the second half for a 35-14 win.