Ohio State 36 Miami 24

CatsCatsCats

Well that was about the most disappointing loss I can remember. OSU was the better team, but Miami killed themselves in this game IMO. Don't know if they could have pulled it out, but they did not give themselves a chance to win the game.

Ohio State is very good. I think they're a legit contender to win it all, and I think Pryor has to be on the shortlist for the leaders in the Heisman race.

Turnovers killed Miami. The first 3 turnovers were in rough spots. I could live with the first pick, but the 2nd & 3rd Ints. were due to a lack of focus on Benjamin's part.

I also thought play calling hurt Miami. Instead of running out the clock at halftime and going in down 3, they went aggressive and turned the ball over. Out of the half on 3rd and Goal from the 11, instead of running something conservative and getting some points on the board they threw a pass and it got picked and returned to the 30. Playing a little more conservatively would have given Miami a much better shot to win the game, because they moved the ball on OSU and to be honest with you didn't play that bad of defense IMO when you consider the field position the TOs gave Ohio State and how often it seemed like Miami's defense was on the field.

Ohio State is way more fundamentally sound than Miami and it showed. Miami did not give themselves a shot to win the game, and Ohio State capitalized on every chance they got. It's the difference in the contenders and the pretenders I think.

Harris played well at times but he killed the Canes. Two of those were great plays by OSU, Jacory is lucky he didn't throw six picks. UM's special teams were extra special in the first half, the game could have been much worse if not for those athletes on the return teams. Iron Head's kid is a big boy, and pretty athletic to boot.

Excellent defensive game by the Bucks. I was really impressed with Boom Herron running the ball and Posey stepping up. He is gonna be doing that on Sundays. I am going to love this CJ Barnett.

Score should have been wider but OSU special teams need some work. Miami caught a few bad breaks on the INT's but OSU was in position and ready.

Pryor looked shaky at times. He really is getting better but he's probably going to need another year. Nice big game win for OSU time to move on to Eastern Michigan.

I really didn't give enough credit to OSU earlier. If I had a Heisman ballot, Pryor would be a number 1 for me. He's not always great passing the ball, but I think he's become a big money player. No way does he run a 4.33, but he's still fast and goes much faster than what he looks. He's almost as tough of a tackle as Tebow was one on one. OSU's secondary is really underrated. The two picks the secondary made weren't great defensive plays, but I thought the other parts of their game were fantastic, especially their defense in the redzone.

One area that people made a big deal about before the game was the trenches. To be honest I think Miami held their own there. Berry had around 100 yards rushing, and for much of the game the Canes gave up very little off tackle. OSU was better along the OL and DL, but not to the extent that I thought they might be.

People are really down on Harris right now but I think it's crazy. 4 picks are never good, but the two to TBenjamin were on TB, IMO. The only one I really had a problem with was the one in the redzone to start the 2nd half, but I thought Miami should have went conservative and ran and kicked a FG to cut it to 6 anyway. I really thought he showed alot by coming back after those four and continuing to try and move down the field. This game was a just a wake up call for Miami. I think they are close to being back as a top 10-15 program, but it's the little things that separate the Bama's, OSU's of the world from the Virginia Tech's and Miami's. OSU didn't turn the ball over. They took advantage of every Miami mistake. They made the proper adjustments in Special Teams. OSU is very good, I think they are a legit contender.

Two qb thoughts:

Jacory Harris is one of the more over-hyped QBs in the country.

Pryor is not the best qb in the Big 10.

The most over-hyped. I've never been impressed by him. He looks like a dual-threat QB that refuses to run. Imagine how good Vince Young would have been in college if he never ran, but stayed in the pocket all the time. That's Jacory Harris.

Like Florida State, Miami's return has been overstated once again.

I really didn't give enough credit to OSU earlier. If I had a Heisman ballot, Pryor would be a number 1 for me. He's not always great passing the ball, but I think he's become a big money player. No way does he run a 4.33, but he's still fast and goes much faster than what he looks. He's almost as tough of a tackle as Tebow was one on one. OSU's secondary is really underrated. The two picks the secondary made weren't great defensive plays, but I thought the other parts of their game were fantastic, especially their defense in the redzone.

One area that people made a big deal about before the game was the trenches. To be honest I think Miami held their own there. Berry had around 100 yards rushing, and for much of the game the Canes gave up very little off tackle. OSU was better along the OL and DL, but not to the extent that I thought they might be.

People are really down on Harris right now but I think it's crazy. 4 picks are never good, but the two to TBenjamin were on TB, IMO. The only one I really had a problem with was the one in the redzone to start the 2nd half, but I thought Miami should have went conservative and ran and kicked a FG to cut it to 6 anyway. I really thought he showed alot by coming back after those four and continuing to try and move down the field. This game was a just a wake up call for Miami. I think they are close to being back as a top 10-15 program, but it's the little things that separate the Bama's, OSU's of the world from the Virginia Tech's and Miami's. OSU didn't turn the ball over. They took advantage of every Miami mistake. They made the proper adjustments in Special Teams. OSU is very good, I think they are a legit contender.

I'm not down on Harris. I've never been up on him. I think Pryor is overrated too, but he can at least hurt a team with his legs.

At this point, D-Rob at Michigan is running away with the Heisman.

Jacory really isn't ever going to be a dual-threat guy. He weighs less than 200 pounds and isn't that fast. Like I said people say he is or should be a dual-threat guy but he's not. What you see is what you get with him. He's going to throw some picks, but he also makes some big plays. He is a scary guy at QB for both teams, but that's fine with me because he's been more good than bad in his career at Miami.

The 4 picks were nothing like what he threw last year, which were usually deep balls thrown too late. I can live with what happened yesterday because they were just miscues. I expected them to have a few, I don't think these guys have really ever played in front of a crowd that was like that. Their freshman year against UF would count, but those guys didn't really play alot in that game.

And JH is a way more polished passer than Young was in college. He had a bad game @ the #2 team in the country.

I also think it's early to write off Miami. Maybe they're not a title team, but OSU is no scrub and has to be considered the biggest threat to Bama as of right now IMO. I still think Miami is one of the better teams in college football, especially considering they stayed in the game even though all four picks put OSU inside of the 30 yard line. Not a top 5 team, but I think 12-15 is about right though they will obviously drop.

And JH is a way more polished passer than Young was in college. He had a bad game @ the #2 team in the country.

I also think it's early to write off Miami. Maybe they're not a title team, but OSU is no scrub and has to be considered the biggest threat to Bama as of right now IMO. I still think Miami is one of the better teams in college football, especially considering they stayed in the game even though all four picks put OSU inside of the 30 yard line. Not a top 5 team, but I think 12-15 is about right though they will obviously drop.

I may be wrong about Harris. I'm certain you've watched him more than I have. But, from what I've seen, and relative to the hype he gets, I haven't seen it. He is by no means a bad QB...just not great.